Inventor Publisher

tlcallaghan
Message 1 of 3 (144 Views)

Why doesn't autoexplode separate components in a straight line of disassembly?

144 Views, 2 Replies
06-07-2011 08:15 AM

How can I get auto explode to assembly pulled apart components to remain in the line of disassembly, rather then showing the part off to the side?

Board Manager
Message 2 of 3 (110 Views)

Re: Why doesn't autoexplode separate components in a straight line of disassembl

06-22-2011 05:57 PM in reply to: tlcallaghan

Unfortunately, the auto-explode command does not give you this kind of control -- it is quite limited.  You may have better success with the "manual explode" command.  This lets you select a set of components and "pull" them along an axis.

Jon Balgley
Autodesk Configurator 360 / Inventor ETO team
Autodesk, Inc.

tlcallaghan
Message 3 of 3 (104 Views)

Re: Why doesn't autoexplode separate components in a straight line of disassembl

06-23-2011 05:49 AM in reply to: Jon.Balgley

Maybe this is an issue that can be addressed in the next release?  If there is no software solution for a correct auto exploded view and I would need to manually pull apart each component, why would a customer spend $2400 on Inventor Publisher to manually explode an image when your Design Review software does the same for 0 dollars?  I would think that's the reason for spending the $2400...to get the automation needed to auto explode to reduce the cost of equipment manual production.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube