Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visualization issues in Inventor Publisher 2012

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
G.Barozzi
1941 Views, 8 Replies

Visualization issues in Inventor Publisher 2012

I have noticed some visualization and publishing issues in Inventor Publisher 2012:

1. When using the Technical Line Drawing style in Inventor Publisher 2012 rounded corners located within the silhouette of the parts are not visible. I have searched into the options of  the style but I haven’t found anything useful to restore the desired visualization of the corners (see Inventor idw example).
  2. When publishing to pdf  the image inserted into the pdf document is badly distorted: nothing changes if I modify the resolution or the dimensions of the snapshot. Is there a way to obtain a correctly scaled image?
  3. A “ghost “ image of the Application menu remains on the screen if I select the Application menu and then I click elsewhere in the  screen. Other Autodesk programs installed on the same machine do not show this behavior.

Please refer to the attached pdf with an example of the described issues.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

Giuseppe Barozzi

Specifications:

HP Z800 – 24GB RAM – Windows 7 64bit

nvidia Quadro 5000, Driver 275.36

Inventor Publisher 2012, Service Pack 1

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
LukeDavenport
in reply to: G.Barozzi

I'm having the same trouble. Does anyone from Autodesk have a comment on this? Not being able to display silhuetted lines that are within the outline of the part (see attached pic) should be quite a high priority I think. 

Message 3 of 9

Thanks for your post. The sample image that you attached, was it showing the Technical Line Drawing style or the Low Detail style? Also, can you please describe the workflow you are using (are you creating 2D or 3D presentations, what are your publish outputs, etc.)

For high quality published line drawings, publishing to Vector will give you the highest level of quality. Have you tried using that function?

Thanks,

Timera Hart

Autodesk

Message 4 of 9
rich-s
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

I've noticed some odd things showing up when I publish to image. I'm getting a lines showing up from objects behind, like wire frame. However, its not the entire image (see attached).

Style: Techincal Line Drawing

Workflow;

Publish to image

current snapshot

uer defined pulbish area (1024x1024, 300 dpi)

image format png

Transparent background yes

enable anti-aliasing yes

The closer I review the images, they were all setup as Perspective. Sometimes they would show all the lines as if it were wireframe, but other images has the tangency lines missing.

Message 5 of 9
rich-s
in reply to: rich-s

I published the same snapshot as before except I changed it to the Orthographic view vs. Perspective. That seemed to be the key. I hope that this can be addressed as I would like to use more perspective views. Looking closer at the new images, I did see that the line thickness changing. Not a show stopper, just an interesing observation.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 9
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: G.Barozzi

Thanks for the feedback. I will make sure we take a look into the issues you are having with the technical line drawing style. Again though, it sounds like your workflow would be better suited by using the Vector publishing option instead. Publishing to Vector is meant to provide line art (editable, too!) which is more accurate than just the visual style you're using. The Technical Line Drawing Style was not intended to perform in the same manner as Vector art, which would be more appropriate for what you're using Publisher for.

I hope you take the time to explore vector, and thanks again for your valuable feedback.

Thanks,

Timera

Autodesk

Message 7 of 9
rich-s
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Timera,

I would agree that vector would be the way to go.

However I've had some issues with publishing to vector images that I posted about here...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Publisher/Inventor-Publisher-Vector-Issues-and-Adobe...

Rich

Message 8 of 9
FrankeFS
in reply to: rich-s

Has there been made any progress to this problem?

We are experiencing the same issue. Published images with any style that has lines turned on are not usable because of lines from objects in the background that shouldnt be shown or other weird occurrences.

We tried to change styles, materials, models etc. nothing helped than to change from perspective view to orthographic and we need images with colors therefore vector images are not an option.

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
Intel Xeon CPU X5650 12x2.66GHz
24.0 GB
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 14071MB

Autodesk Inventor 2013
Autodesk Revit 2013
Autodesk Showcase 64Bit 2013
Autodesk Inventor Publisher 2013
Message 9 of 9
OptimusMK
in reply to: FrankeFS

I still experience the same issues in Intventor Publisher 2013 with SP3.

When using the perspective view, only the vector export works.

Although, vector is not always compatible in other programs and doesn't support the shadings, so I would to export a proper jpg file.

It would be great if it is possible to export WYSIWYG in any format...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report