Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vector Output in 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
robert.ruhe
587 Views, 4 Replies

Vector Output in 2013

Were there any improvements to Vector output in 2013? I've been extremely unhappy with the quality of vectors coming out of 2012. I'm not too psyched for SVG only file format - but I'd live with it if the vectors came out correctly. For example, if I output a vector from Inventor Publisher 2012 and decide I want to use it elsewhere in InDesign - and I want to zoom in one one particular part, the line segments are unacceptable. They overlap many times and where there should be a single segment with various points, that has been converted to many segments broken apart. It's just downright sloppy. 

I understand Publisher isn't a vector creation/editing package- but if the option is there for export, then dammit I want it to work correctly. I heard from an Autodesk insider here that big improvements were coming - but I'm worried that this isn't the case. 

I can't even find a page on the Autodesk website about 2013 or it's new features. What exactly is going on? We spent a hell of a lot of money on this package and I expect the features within to work correctly. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Robert -

The Inventor Publisher 2013 documentation has not been released onto our website yet, but I can tell you that vector was a huge project for us this year. For all new data that is inserted/imported into Publisher 2013, we now read b-rep data from the Inventor files which allows us to publish much cleaner .svg files.

I've attached a sample comparison picture for you here to check out.

Thanks,

Timera

Autodesk

Message 3 of 5

Also, check out the documentation about this subject on our WikiHelp Page as well: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_Publisher/enu/2013/Help/0152-What_s_N152/0160-Enhanced160/0166...

- Timera

Message 4 of 5
LMD2012
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

We are watching this issue with interest. Our R&D and Engineering groups now use Inventor. We (Marketing) would like to use Publisher in our workflow to quickly get their information into Illustrator and Indesign for our publications.  Please keep us posted.

Message 5 of 5

Please refer to the WikiHelp documentation located here: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_Publisher/enu/2013/Help/0152-What_s_N152

From this site, you can see the enhanced Vector improvements we implemented into Publisher 2013, as well as information on all of the new features implemented into Publisher 2013.

Thanks,

Timera

Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report