Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update causes components to move

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
will_hebden
904 Views, 4 Replies

Update causes components to move

Hi

I'm beginning to wish we never purchased this program. It seems to be one problem after another...

I have created a very short storyboard (4 snapshots), firstly it crashes all the time and is extreemly slow for such a small model (has crashed 4 times in the past hour!).

secondly, after changing 2 constraints in the inventor model (increasing the mate offset) and updating the publisher file, parts that i had moved on one of the snapshots have returned to their original position??? this completely defeats the point of being able to link documentation to the inventor models.

Please see attached images, the first is as it is supposed to be (befor updating), the second is after updating

Has anyone else experienced this? is there a hotfix or anything?

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
irene.chen
in reply to: will_hebden

Hi,

Is it possible to share with me the file you used to reproduce this issue?

Irene Chen (irene.chen@autodesk.com)

Publisher QA

Message 3 of 5
aguitton116
in reply to: irene.chen

One of my customer noticed something similar and I can confirm because I had also the problem. If you change the geometry of a part, the positions in Publisher are not update because there absolutely no link between the geometries or surfaces.

I attach a small dataset with screen shots of the problem (just moved a hole with a screw in it). It's made in Inventor 2013 and Inventor Publisher 2013 R1.

What I did with this dataset :

- create 136_2013_part1.ipt (1sketch for extrusion, 1 for the hole feature with dimensions easy to change)

- create 136_2013_ensemble.iam

- place part

- add screw from content center with autodrop so that an insert constraint is created

- create a new file in publisher

- import 136_2013_ensemble.iam

- create a new shot where I moved the screw above the part and created the annotation arrow

- back in inventor, I changed one dimension to reposition the hole

- saved the iam file

- back in Publisher update the model and go through the shots

You have the result in the images.

It's a simple example but it shows the big problem with publisher which makes it impossible to use in a production environment for the moment. My customer will probably stop paying for this product and keep doing his documentation the old fashioned way.

It's a major problem because nobody has parts that won't evolve during their lifetime.

Message 4 of 5
aguitton116
in reply to: aguitton116

Is there chance to have a new product which will work as expected ? I saw a post about a future Publisher release announced this summer in Portland. It would be great to have the ability to change a hole position without doing again the whole documentation.

I'm refering to this post : http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Publisher/The-next-gen-Publisher-is-coming-soon/td-p...

Message 5 of 5
irene.chen
in reply to: will_hebden

Hi

According to the dataset you provided to our product support, the behavior is as design.

The moved component in publisher will not be updated with the position change in Inventor since Inventor Publisher doesn’t support constraint from Inventor.

Thanks

Irene

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report