Valued Contributor
dherman469
Message 1 of 3 (273 Views)
Accepted Solution

Turn off Shiny Appearance

273 Views, 2 Replies
03-12-2012 12:36 PM

Hello,

I inserted a 3D assembly into a new Publisher document.  The component parts are retaining their "Shininess" setting from Inventor.  I would like to modify or turn off the shininess setting when the model is in my Publisher document.  Even when I change the color of a part, the shininess stays the same.  Is it possible to turn off the shininess of a part? 

Daniel Hermanson

Spraying Systems Co.

Employee
TimeraAutodesk
Message 2 of 3 (262 Views)

Re: Turn off Shiny Appearance

03-22-2012 10:18 AM in reply to: dherman469

Hi Daniel -

The "Shininess" you are seeing must be the result of the material you have applied to the part in Inventor. If you want a less shiny surface, you can change the material of any part from within Publisher. Simply changing the color will not modify the material applied, just the rgb value applied to that specific material.

To change the material of a part, right-click within the authoring environment and select "Material". This launches the Material marking menu (where you have tried to changed the color already). There is a blue square at the top of the marking menu that will drop down a list of basic materials, as well as an option to launch the Autodesk Material Library. From here you can assign any material you'd like.

Timera

Autodesk

Valued Contributor
dherman469
Message 3 of 3 (255 Views)

Re: Turn off Shiny Appearance

03-22-2012 10:20 AM in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Thanks, Timera.  That works.

Daniel Hermanson

Spraying Systems Co.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube