Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To publish in Word as in storyboard

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
GiselaSvensson
677 Views, 3 Replies

To publish in Word as in storyboard

Hello!

I've been trying to decide how I am supposed to publish my welding instructions.

When I tried to publish it as a Word-document, my instructions didn't look the same. The different snapshots were changed and the ""Detail View"-bubbles were gone. There were pictures of the transitions and odd views.

Is there a way to publish my instructions as is in Publisher when I create it?

Kind regards,

Gisela Svensson

Technical Communicator

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bowen192
in reply to: GiselaSvensson

Not sure 100%, but I would look at the following;

Which version of Word are you using? I find 2010 gives best results.

When you selct Publish > Microsoft Word, make sure Scale Annotations is NOT checked.

Is the Print Area Setup the correct size?

Message 3 of 4
GiselaSvensson
in reply to: bowen192

Thank you bowen192!
I tried it the way you wrote. It is not exactly the same as I want it but it is much better.

I still feel like Publisher is Autodesk forgotten child. It does simply not work as smothly and gracefully as the other programs, such as Inventor.
Message 4 of 4
bowen192
in reply to: GiselaSvensson

It should be perfect.  What else isn't quite right?

You can of course create your own Word templates.

You're not the first to make the comment that Publisher feels as though it has been forgotten. There are a lot of frustrated people using the software and not much in the way of answers from Autodesk.

I get the impression that Autodesk have done quite a large overhaul for the next revision though. We can only hope they've listened to the comments that have been made on here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report