Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The update button

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bowen192
478 Views, 5 Replies

The update button

Why has this disappeared again?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: bowen192

Can you please provide more details?

The update button shouldn't "disappear" - however it's important to remember that the Update function is only available with Inventor Data currently. Any other CAD data that is imported into Publisher will not have the update functionality available to use, and this is as-designed.

Timera Hart

Autodesk

Message 3 of 6
bowen192
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

The update button simply isn't there.

Now I have to restart the ipb and click the update icon next to the relevant part on the drawing component:

Message 4 of 6
TimeraAutodesk

If you feel comforable sharing a sample of the data, I'd be more than happy to take a look and test your workflow out. Unfortunately, otherwise I'm not sure how much help I can be at this point... it just doesn't make sense why it would disappear on you - we haven't seen this bug at all before.

You can contact me directly at timera.hart@autodesk.com if you want us to aid you further.

Thanks!

Timera Hart

Autodesk

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

There's an update button? Where is it? Only way I've found to update my native Inventor model is to right click on the top level assemly, select "source files", then select "check file status". I would love to see something check the model so often or notify me when its not up to date. Inventor has a update button that highlights when there is an update needed.

Message 6 of 6
TimeraAutodesk

That's correct, the update button becomes visible only after the "Check File Status"  selection has been hit, and the icon will only appear in the event that the data needs updating. If the data is already up-to-date, no additional icon will appear.

Currently there is no automatic or dynamic update function in Publisher like you see in Inventor, you will have to check the file status to reach the update dialog.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report