Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggested feature for future release

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
hole423
529 Views, 5 Replies

Suggested feature for future release

Since AI Publisher is aimed at being a technical manual publishing program I think there should be some sort of spell check.  

When you output the snapshots to word the words in the snapshot descriptions are not picked up by word so the word spell check is useless. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
chris
in reply to: hole423

I'll continue this thread with additional suggestions: 1. For mobile viewers, integrated publisher's update notifications. Currently, a user downloads a file and it becomes a static copy on the device. Why not allow publishers the ability to "push" document updates, within the app? How to implement: When opening the app, documents previously downloaded are automatically checked against the aDesk server for published date. If a newer doc version is available, flag the file with an icon for optional updating by the viewer. Additionally and/or alternatively: 2. For publishers, add the ability to specify a document expiration date, for forcing the viewer(s) to obtain an update or for forcibly deleting off all mobile devices ? (i.e. revoking documents). For manufacturers, liability is an issue. If a publishing or mfg'ing error is discovered AFTER people download, how do they correct/notify/recall the error? Great app, love it!!!
Message 3 of 6
Jon.Balgley

These are great suggestions, thanks for the input.  We'll fold them in among the priorities for subsequent releases.  

Jon Balgley
Message 4 of 6
guyh

when the move command is invoked the triad is based in the middle of the part.  On a big part when doing a close up detail this means zooming out to re align the triad which is a pain.

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 5 of 6
hole423

I started using Publisher 2012 and the new features are great.  I there somewhere I can can find a full release notes on the new version?

Message 6 of 6
Jon.Balgley

Hi all --

You can now find info about Inventor Publisher here:

(This is the "support" link from the main Inventor Publisher product page.)

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/index?siteID=123112&id=14852581&linkID=14856947

On that page is a link to a PDF file that describes the main new features, and a link to the wiki help which contains a more comprehensive list of features.  

Thanks for your patience on this.

Jon Balgley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report