Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Styles Problem - Please Read!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
yoraish
343 Views, 5 Replies

Styles Problem - Please Read!

Hi,

As I was working on a presentation in Publisher I changed the style of parts in the assembly to Light Ghost. But apparently, after some time, I found out that these parts' style changed throughout the whole suquence and not only in the particular snapshot. I tried to change their style again but it won't change. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Yorai,

Steampunk 1577

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bowen192
in reply to: yoraish

You cannot apply a change of style to a single snapshot.

Change the style back to how it was originally and create a new style. Base this new style on the style closest to your light ghost (most likely smooth shaded).  Apply this to the parts required.

Message 3 of 6
yoraish
in reply to: bowen192

Thanks, but the problem is not that I am not able to change the style. Whenever I change it, it looks a bit different but still quite transparent, What can I do about it? And also not all the parts have that problem.

Message 4 of 6
bowen192
in reply to: yoraish

Ah, I see, sorry.

I'm still not 100% sure, but I'll have another go. 

Changing styles is not a science as there are no measurements for the sliding scales, like say changing a colour using RGB.  Something else for the Autodesk lot to think about?

The only thing I can suggest is to create a blank file, screenshot the properties of the original style, and try and best match the original properties.

Make sure the Style Type matches, as this seems to mess things up sometimes.

Am I barking up the wrong tree again? 

Message 5 of 6
yoraish
in reply to: bowen192

I don't know... You see, every time I do any action on several parts, they keep being transparent! It shows their style is Clear Style so... Any other ideas?

Message 6 of 6

You mentioned that you changed the style to “Light Ghost”. I assume that this is a custom style you created.

1. On the part that you are having this issue can you check to see if for any reason you manually set Opacity (Home tab – component panel – Opacity)?   
  2. On another note you can apply style to one part in one particular snapshot. It all depends on the workflow.

• Say you changed the style of a part in snapshot 2 and then carry a new snapshot 3. In this case the style will carry forward since that is what a new snapshot does (creates a copy of the previous snapshot). You will have to change the style back in snapshot 3 and you will be good.
  • However say you have already created snapshot 1,2,3,4. Then you want to change the style only in snapshot 2. Activate snapshot 2 and right click on snapshot 2 and notice that you have “Set affected snapshot”. This is defaulted to snapshot only and this will change the style Only on that active snapshot. Selecting other options will change the style accordingly.

If you can please also share the ipb to rajkumar.ilanchelian@autodesk.com, I can take a look at this issue.

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report