Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort Parts List

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
coreyparks
785 Views, 4 Replies

Sort Parts List

I am using this for the first time trying to create some exploded assembly views.  The demos looked pretty easy and for the most part it is.  One of the major things I am having a problem with is getting my BOM sorted properly.  The item numbers are in random order and I can't get them sorted numerically.  I am sure this can be done but where?

Item sort.PNG

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
coreyparks
in reply to: coreyparks

Well I guess I should have searched first. In a post from 5-25-2012 that says this can't be done.  Well that pretty much kills my whole trial and writes this off as junk software if that's the case.  I am not going to rearange and renumber all of my lists manually once I pull them into Publisher.  My goal was to have the same item numbers used from Inventor to publisher to make this as interchangeable as possible.  Why doesn't it at least bring the BOM in in numerical order?  Why does it have to jumble things like it does?  This was supposed to save time over what can be done in Inventor while giving us a better looking result.  Please, does someone have a workaround for this?

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 3 of 5
LeoWan

Hi,

Thank you for using Publisher and point this issue out. I have add these wishlist to our internal issue tracking system.

Thanks,

Leo

Message 4 of 5
PACDrafting
in reply to: LeoWan

I cannot believe this issue is not fixed yet!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 5
AnnaNowak_MuM

Some months ago we have sold three seats of this product to one of our good client. Their base product - Inventor 2013. Vaulted. Application  - Industrial machinery. Typical assembly - about 1000-5000 parts. The intention was to support creation of product catalogs with this application.

For now I am after many phone calls, web researches, online consultations with the customer.

I assess, that offering this product to my client was a big mistake.

Inventor Publisher in today offered form (2013.1) is NOT suitable for engineers, that require professional application.

Reasons:

No support for inseparable/purchased assemblies - you cannot save them from exploding You cannot add balloon with Item property to welded assy with Parts only part list imported. Theoretically it's logical, with Parts assemblies have no Item info assigned. However imagine medium size, 500 parts, assembly, with several welded subassy's. There is no way to control, what is ballooned properly, what balloons are still missing and have to be added manually.

Disaster.

Items are placed in random (or some unknown) order on part list. No part list sort option, I lost long hours trying to find any rule. What is worse, no workaroud, like .xls import.

Weak control over trails origins (only assembly structure change allows to change trails origin!). Very slow performance (baloons, details, sections). Problems with display (flashing screen - even with good Nvidia graphic cards).

There are more, I think is enough for one post.

As application engineer, responsible for customers support - I'm tired with all that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report