Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save problem

40 REPLIES 40
Message 1 of 41
bowen192
1979 Views, 40 Replies

Save problem

I am getting the following when I try to save certain models:

Shortly after the program crashes and  I lose my work.

I am also getting the same message, more or less, when I try to open some files, but only some of the time.

40 REPLIES 40
Message 2 of 41
bowen192
in reply to: bowen192

This is getting quite urgent now.

I cannot open some files, and I cannot save to most.

Message 3 of 41
bowen192

Anyone? Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 41
TimeraAutodesk

Hey there,

I've got one of our developers looking into this right now. They will contact you soon!

Thanks,

Timera

Message 5 of 41
TheDocGuy

Going through the same issue again with another file that I just updated. Can not proceed with any changes with the prospect of not being able to save the file .Hoping a solution for this happens soon! As projects are starting to stop in regard to very issue.Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 41

Hello everyone,

We are now working hard to find solution for this issue. If you meet such problem, could you please send an email to Huan.Yu@autodesk.com ? If you can share with us your file and the file is small to email, please attach it in your email. If the file is too big to email, we will reply to your email with instructions of how to send the big file to us for investigation.

Thank you for helping us resolve the issue.

-Huan Yu

Autodesk Inventor Publisher Team

Message 7 of 41

Crashing is all my 2012 and 2013 Inventor Publisher does. I just spent 4 hours on an exploded view only to see my work disappear when I get the "Inventor Publisher has unexpectantly closed..." error screen.  I always send my dump files and never hear of any answers.  Is there a way to recover the file I was working on when Inventor Publisher 2013 crashed this evening around 8 pm?

Message 8 of 41

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. We received your error report and looked into it. But we can not find much info from the report to help us solve the problem. Could you please send your both good and bad IPB files to Huan.Yu@autodesk.com? It would also be helpful if you can let us know the steps you did to crash Publisher?

Thank you for your support!

-Huan Yu

Inventor Publisher QA

Autodesk, Inc

Message 9 of 41
peggy.wang

Hello ,

I have gotten your dataset, but can't reproduce the crash issue.Below are my steps:

Environment: Win 7 64bit, memory 8G, desktop computer. Version Publisher 2013 RTM

Steps1:

1, Open the ipb in publisher, move the component (007143363.ipt)and move another component which in the red circle in the picture which you marked.

2, save document

Result: not crash.

Steps2:

1, Create a new document, import the SAT file

2, move the component which you marked in the red circle

3 save the docment

Result: not crash

Could you give me more information about the your workflow? So that i can reproduce it and pass this issue to the development team.

Regards,

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 41
peggy.wang
in reply to: peggy.wang

I have logged an issue to track this thread.

The number is Nov-10273

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 11 of 41
miQlo

I've encountered this many times and now I have two files to share. How large files can your mail server handle? This is a major issue that must be resolved.

Message 12 of 41
LeoWan
in reply to: miQlo

our mail server can accept single attachment size up to 2G. 

please leave your email here, I will sent a invitation to you and you can use it.

Or you can use your own ftp site for temp share and let us download.

- Leo

Message 13 of 41
miQlo
in reply to: LeoWan

m.de.pascalis@nordicwater.com

Message 14 of 41
LeoWan

I tried to send an invitation to you  and it failed due to cannot find the email address.

Please re-check the email address.

Thanks,

Leo

Message 15 of 41
bowen192

It's happening again to me now.

Every single file I save in Vault turns in to 'Unknown Error'.

Publisher is becoming unuseable again.

Message 16 of 41
miQlo

Im sorry, my fault. It's mdepascalis@nordicwater.com

Message 17 of 41
LeoWan

I have send out the invitation.

- Leo

Message 18 of 41
LeoWan

miQlo,

I have received your files. I noticed the second file is only in size of 1kB. You must counter save issue when you make some operation start from the first file then try to save it.

Please share the steps/operations that you are doing before you counter the issue?

-Leo

Message 19 of 41
miQlo

LeoWan

The 1kb file is what I get when trying to save. An error message appears then Publisher crashes and all that is left is that 1kb file.

I don't remember the steps. Moved some parts around -> made some snap shots -> save -> crash.

Do you have a tool we can install that logs everything in Publisher? That kind of data must be very helpful for you when troubleshooting.

Message 20 of 41
LeoWan

If Publisher crash, a CER dialog will pop up. you can send out the CER report which will help us to investigate.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report