Inventor Publisher

Active Contributor
timmy.stalnacke
Message 1 of 2 (179 Views)

Publisher Vault Check in Problem

179 Views, 1 Replies
11-08-2013 06:17 AM

Hi!

When I open a Publisher file from Vault I always get a question if I want to check out the file.
And when I want to edit the publisher file I check it out of course.

But when I finish with editing the file and about to save and close Publisher. I get the question if I want to check in the file in Vault again, which I do, but then I get a message that its all ready a file in Vault with that name...
Yes of course it is the file I'm just about to check in?
How do I work around this problem?

See attach file.

BR Timmy

Mentor
bowen192
Message 2 of 2 (152 Views)

Re: Publisher Vault Check in Problem

11-14-2013 01:08 AM in reply to: timmy.stalnacke

I find Vault frustrating to use.

I had your problem amongst others and I haven't solved it, but I do have a sort of workaround.

Basically I never do any Vault work in Publisher. Check-out from Vault and Check-in in Vault. I only ever save the file in Publisher. I've not had any problems since adopting this approach.

Also, make sure you save your files on your C: drive in the same place that you have the folder set-up in Vault, if that makes sense.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube