Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publisher 2014

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
Maxim-CADman77
6862 Views, 19 Replies

Publisher 2014

More than month after anouncing 2014 portfolio and still no trial Publisher 2014 available. Forum is dead.

Publisher seems extremely limited in functions/application fields in comparison with let say Deep Exploration.

The only feature that outstanded Publisher is update model but it was deadly buggy in 2013.

I wonder if Autodesk aborted the product?

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

I am waiting on it too. I purchased Publisher in Jan of this year along with subscription. It is a very helpful tool for us to explain our designs.

We have not yet rolled out the 2014 products as we are waiting for Publisher.

Message 3 of 20
jweiss1313
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

We just paid our subscription fees for our 5 seats. We also have struggled with this application since implementing it in 2011.  It would be nice if someone from Autodesk can let us know what is going on and whether of not there will be an Inventor Publisher 2014.

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 4 of 20
fsanchou
in reply to: jweiss1313

Hi,

Inventor Publisher didn’t get a 2014 release, Inventor Publisher 2013 R1 has been released.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_Publisher/enu/2013/Help/0184-What_s_N184

Message 5 of 20
Timmy_Stalnacke
in reply to: fsanchou

I just crossed my fingers that i compatible with inventor 2014!

Message 6 of 20

I guess no.

Vault 2014 support is declared among new feature but there is nothing
about Inventor 2014.

I think otherwise they would call it Publisher 2014.

Seems like Project Leaders of Inventor and Publisher have some quarrel
and PL of Inventor gave no info about new file format to PL of Publisher
🙂

When we were choosing PDM ... Autodesk Vault salesman told very wise
things:

...Which PDM vendor knows Inventor files inside out? Whom you should
trust?

...now I'm not that sure he meant Autodesk.
Message 7 of 20
subsales

Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your posts and your concern regarding Publisher. We love hearing from you.

Let's clear up a few things 🙂

1. Publisher is alive and well. The product is NOT end of life

2. There is a new release coming out, which we were unable to announce until it was in the same quarter that it was shipping, due to corporate policy.

3. The new release is called Inventor Publisher 2013 R1 (or 2013.1). It will work with Inventor 2014 and all other Autodesk 2014 products which were supported in Publsiher 2013 as well for interop workflows.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns, either here on the forum or directly at timera.hart@autodesk.com.

Best,

Timera Hart

Technical Product Manager

Message 8 of 20
jweiss1313

Can we expect an Inventor Publisher 2014 release some time this year as well.  It seems unusual to me that Autodesk is releasing the upgrade as a 2013.1 release and not the full 2014 release.  Are you able to shed any light on this subject?

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 9 of 20
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: subsales

Seems like we got first ever upward compatibile Autodesk product.

Wouldn't it be appropriate to declare in New features Inventor 2014
compatibility along with Vault 2014 compatibility?

Believe me - for users it is not that obvious as for developers.
Message 10 of 20
jmlip

Is the 2013 R1 available only to those on subscription or is availabe to everyone?

Message 11 of 20
philip.s
in reply to: jmlip

Hi Joan!

Inventor Publisher 2013 R1 should be commercially available to everyone, not just subscription customers, however I'm double checking with our online store team as the product description doesn't indicate the update.

Message 12 of 20
philip.s
in reply to: philip.s

Confirming that Inventor Publisher 2013 R1 should be commercially available to everyone / our online store had updated the product but not the name which has just been resolved.

Message 13 of 20
jmlip

Where can I download 2013 Rev. 1?  The link provided above does not link to a download.

Message 14 of 20
camilo.lemos

Hi jlipovetz,

You can download the trial of Inventor Publisher 2013 r1 here.

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 15 of 20
jmlip
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi,  I have the 2013 version.  I am on subscription so I would like to get the update so that it will work with Inventor 2014.

Thanks,

Joan

Message 16 of 20
amhunt

Hi Joan,

We're glad you're getting the update! With R1, you'll be much more compatible with many current Autodesk programs. 

The Inventor Publisher 2013 R1 program is a separate install from Inventor Publisher 2013. You will want to uninstall the 2013 software, install the 2013 R1 software, and then enter your license info. License info is NOT the same for these two programs. More info on this here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Publisher/Product-Key-for-Publisher-2013-R1/m-p/3919...

You can run both 2013 and 2013 R1 at the same time if you'd like to keep the older version.

Good luck and feel free to post with any additional questions!

Andy

Autodesk

Message 17 of 20
jmlip

Hi Andy,

I requested a copy of the Publisher 2013 from the subscription center when I was notified of the new software. However, the software I received doesn't say anything about R1. The DVD case looks just like the old one. Do I have the right copy? I hate to go through the install only to find out that it's not the right one.

Thank you,

Joan Lipovetz
CAD Systems Administrator /
Associate Project Engineer

Moline Machinery LLC | Duluth MN USA
Office: 218-624-8251 | Fax: 218-624-8234
jlipovetz@moline.com | www.moline.com
[IBIE]
Message 18 of 20
amhunt

Joan,

The case for R1 should look the same, but should have "R1" on it. You may try checking the program before running the install to make sure the program is correct. However, if they sent you the wrong disc, you should be able to return it and receive the R1 that you requested.

Good luck and keep me updated! If you'd like to email me, you can at andy.hunt@autodesk.com.

Andy

Autodesk

Message 19 of 20
kickseek

I want to get my company to buy a few seats of Inventor Publisher so we can create the exact drawings we need without wasting our designers' time. But there is so much negativity about the product, and when I used a trial version 18 months ago it was clunky and sometimes dropped parts/lines/labels for no apparent reason. That's why we've held off - to see if the product improves. I can't risk convincing my employer to spend the money if the tool isn't up to the job. Surely you understand this. I wonder if there are any third-party products that work with Inventor files and can give me better results. Worth looking into, perhaps.

Tags (1)
Message 20 of 20
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: kickseek

You can give chance to Deep Exploration (Hemisphere).

The most notable CONS of the software - it can't update your job
automatically after Inventor model was updated.

On the other hand - you have no guaranties that Publisher would open job
done with it either
(http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Publisher/Failed-to-Loa
d-File-Unknown-Error/m-p/3919988#M1688) unless you are willing provide
Autodesk with all your original (probably intellectual property) data.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report