Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publisher 2013 snapshots

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cts2013
532 Views, 2 Replies

Publisher 2013 snapshots

I cannot work out the logic of the snapshots. If I have five snapshots and move an arrow in the 5th snapshot, why does it move the arrow in the 3rd snapshot?

To add to the confusion, I thought I would create a new storyboard within the document to get around this. If I have an arrow on the right in the last snapshot of the 2nd storyboard, why is it that when I move the arrow to the left in the first snapshot of the 3rd storyboard that the arrow moves on the last snapshot of the 2nd storyboard?

I have tried all logical combinations of the "set affected snapshots" options.

Please help!

- - - > Publisher 2016 running on: - - -

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz
Quadro K4000
16GB RAM
Intel SSD
Win10 64bit
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bowen192
in reply to: cts2013

This also confused me for a while.

When anything is created in a snapshot, it isn't meant to be moved.  If an arrow is created pointing North, the arrow is designed to point North or be turned off in Canvas > Annotations. This way if, say, a bolt now needs less turn to undo, you can just change the arrow in one figure and it will change in the whole document.

If you want the arrow to point in another direction, copy the old one, paste it and re-align or move to your desired position.

I personally think it's a daft idea as it works the opposite way to how you handle the model.  It also means you can not animate annotations.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
cts2013
in reply to: bowen192

Probably the most useful bit of info I have seen on here!

Thanks very much Smiley Very Happy

- - - > Publisher 2016 running on: - - -

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz
Quadro K4000
16GB RAM
Intel SSD
Win10 64bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report