There have been a couple people in my company, myself included, who complain that Publisher will lock up for no apparent reason. We then have to do a Ctrl--Alt---Del to go to the task manager and force the program closed. It seems to happen if the program is left to idle for a while, such as if I leave my desk for 10 minutes or so. When I come back, the program is locked. Has anyone else experienced this? It happened to me in both 2012 and 2013.
I've been having this issue big time in the past week on 2013. Either it locks up or in crashs.
I updated to SP2 after the first crash but that didn't help.
Dual Quad Core Xeon 2.4GHz
Nvidia Quadro FX 1800 (dr. version 297.03)
Windows 7, 64-bit
I've been working over the corse of the past 2 hours to get one storyboard setup with no sucess. It crashed at least 30 times within that time. Sometimes I'll get a few snapshots done but if I don't save between each one, i loss it. Sometimes all i'll do is reopen the file, activate a snapshot and it crashes.
Only a few times have I gotten this error message;
Microsoft Visuall C++ Runtime Libr...
Program: C:\Program Fi...
- pure virtual function call
Anyone have any suggestions?
Well off and running with the same issues. Here's a few things I've tried this monring;
2. Changed video driver from 297.03 to 276.42
Neither of these seemed to have helped. I also wanted to note that I do have Publisher 2012 still installed.
I'm hoping that somebody has a solution for this.
Thanks for your feedback, I also can reproduce this issue, it has been logged to our issue tracking system and the developer team is look at it.
Inventor Publisher team
I finally got Inventor Ultimate 2013 & Publisher 2013 reinstalled. When I opened an existing Publisher file, I didn’t have any issues. When I opened the file that I had been having issues with then it crashed right away. The other file I had opened I was creating new views, turning parts on/off, changing the styles and exporting images without issues.
What I’m thinking now is that there is something wrong with the assembly file I’m using. I don’t get any errors in Inventor however when I use Design Assistant, I do get some OLE link warnings.
I’m curious if that could be what is causing Publisher to constantly crash.