Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publisher 2012 - Unknown Error

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ben.toms
924 Views, 3 Replies

Publisher 2012 - Unknown Error

Hi,

We've recently upgraded from Publisher 2011 to 2012 but we now have a major problem with our existing ipb files. It appears to be an issue with our standard library parts which are stored on our server. When we open any ipb file it all loads up fine initially, however it then shows the update icon, which if you click it causes an ‘Update’ >  ‘unknown error’. (See attached screenshot image).

Note: I have also tried copying the library files onto my local C:> drive but it still fails to load / update properly.

Any suggestions on how to fix please?

Regards

Ben Toms

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello Ben,

Have you updated Publisher to service pack 2? If you have not can you please update to Sp2 and give this a try? We have fixed similar issues in Sp2. If you are on Sp2 and still have this issue can you select the root component from the browser and right mouse click – Source files – Replace from local files. Then browse to the location of the Inventor file. This basically reset the link. Please let me know if any of the above worked for you.

Thanks,
-Raj (Autodesk)
Message 3 of 4
dmjessup
in reply to: ben.toms

After my update to 2012, I found that the link to the vault was broken. The vault had to be updated to 2012 in order to maintain the connections. The work-around is to open the vault explorer (which can be installed if you have any Autodesk product installed) and copy needed files to your computer (C:\_Vault). By linking to them there, my updates are working again. It does require a manual update of the files from vault on a regular basis. Our 2012 rollout is coming soon and I'm looking forward to the automated process!

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I already had Publisher SP2 installed, so unfortunately the fix in not that straightforward.

Your other suggestion of updating the source files using the local file didn't work either. Basically it re-loads the file which forces the 'needs update' icon to appear, but as soon as you click it it returns the usual  'update error'. The strange thing is that It seems to load the first instance of a library file fine, but then fails to load any further instances of that very same item.

We really need some kind of fix or workaround for this issue asap as we are trying to update production instructions.

Our current software versions are:

IV Publisher 2012 (x64) Sp2

Inventor Pro 2012 (x64)

Vault Professional 2012 Client (x64)

Regards, Ben

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report