Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publisher 2011 R1 customer Word Templates in 2012

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
hole423
1435 Views, 10 Replies

Publisher 2011 R1 customer Word Templates in 2012

Is anyone else having issues using a custom word template in Publisher 2012?  I am able to use the sample templates, but the ones I used in 2011 R1 will not work and I keep getting an unkown error when I try to publish.  Was there a change in the tagging that we need to be aware of?  

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
hole423
in reply to: hole423

one more thing.  The version of 2012 is in trial mode.  Is there a limitation that doesn't allow me to use a custom template while in the trial mode?  

Message 3 of 11
AlexFielder

I think your best bet would be to open the 2012 template(s) alongside the 2011 R1 template(s) and compare the tags within.

🙂

Message 4 of 11
hole423

I already did that and the tags I used in 2011 are still compatible with 2012.  

Message 5 of 11
hole423

FYI  here is a copy of the template I am using.  If anyone sees a problem with it let me know. 

Message 6 of 11
Jon.Balgley

I can confirm that it fails to publish using this template.  We will look into it and get back to you here.

There are no functionality restrictions on the trial version, by the way.  The only restriction is that it's only good for 30 days.

Jon Balgley
Message 7 of 11
ahollingshead
in reply to: Jon.Balgley

Any word on the cause of the issues with the template?  I need to be able to publish a file for print and this is holding me up.  

Thanks

Andrew Hollingshead 

Message 8 of 11
santhaks
in reply to: ahollingshead

Andrew,

Sorry for the trouble you are having with the custom template. We took a look at the template you gave us and we have a potential solution. Could you please send me an email at satish.santhakumar@autodesk.com so we can test out the fix.

Thanks

Satish Santhakumar

Message 9 of 11
will_hebden
in reply to: santhaks

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem. Could you please post the soluition??

Everything seems to work until i try to add an image (Snapshot\Image[PublishArea]) 

Even if i create a template with only the image tag (see attached) it fails to publish stating 'unknown error' am i missing something? 

Many thanks

Message 10 of 11
hole423

Autodesk was able to fix the issues I had with a hotfix.  Question?  Have you upgraded to the most current service pack for Publisher 2012?  The fix was added to sp1 or sp2.  If you are unable to upgrade to the newest service pack and need the hotfix let me know.  I should be able to find the zip file autodesk provided me.

Message 11 of 11
will_hebden

Hi, I've upgraded to sp1 & 2 and it has fixed the problem!

many thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report