Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish to Image

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
coreyparks
565 Views, 4 Replies

Publish to Image

Well I tried some different formats to see how things would go.  I thought a set of snapshots would be nice to send someone for use pretty much anywhere with no additioanl viewers.  Saved out as PNG files worked quick and smooth, at least up until I looked at them.  Publisher decided to exercises some artistic license on the export evidently.  Not all of the pictures look like the snapshots in Publisher.  Views are in drastically different orientations than the original.  Is this a know issue or am I the lucky discoverer on this one?

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bowen192
in reply to: coreyparks

I've exported plenty of PNG images and the only problem I've ever had is a downgrade in picture quality. Have you got an example of a change in orientation?
Message 3 of 5
peggy.wang
in reply to: coreyparks

Thank you for the post in Newsgrounp. I didn't find the orientations change problem when export to image. Which OS and which formate are you using to export image? and could you tell me the image resolution settings in the Publish to Image dialog? Please send an email to wang.ping@autodesk.com , and I will share you a secure ftp site to upload your file if you want to.

Thank you.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 5
coreyparks
in reply to: peggy.wang

I was exporting to PNG and I am running on Windows 7.  As far as the settings in Publisher I can no longer tell you as my trial version is now expired.  I can't spend the time installing it on another computer, especially since I don't know if it will recreate the problem there.  I tried 4-5 times on my machine though and the same thing happened everytime.  It wasn't every pic that was messed up only the first or second from each storyboard. 

I have sent you an email with some files to look at.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 5 of 5
coreyparks
in reply to: bowen192

The only thing I have done is proprietary so no, not really.  Plus trial version is now dead so nothing more can be created.

Corey Parks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report