Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positional Representations

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
DerUhrmacher
499 Views, 5 Replies

Positional Representations

Hello there

I'm testing the trial of the 2012.

Is there a solution in the 2012 version, to use  Positional Representations (Pos. Reps.)?

Need to to a complex mobile manuals, which would be easy if I could use PosReps.

But without, I don't really see the use to pay so much for the Publisher.

Kind Regards,

Andreas

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

i would like to know this also???

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
mthomas
in reply to: stephengibson76

This would be a great additional feature, as well as the support or Level of Detail representations.

In our Inventor assemblies we at times place in other assemblies as reference to design around. We then create a LOD we call "AS BUILT" that only shows the models that we actually build / order. I would like to use this LOD when importing the model into Publisher so that these reference files are not included

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 4 of 6
rich-s
in reply to: mthomas

I agree, this would be a very valuable functionality. I'm working on something right now that would be so easy if it would do this. Instead I have to create a few different files to get a complete instruction set.

Message 5 of 6
bowen192
in reply to: DerUhrmacher

What these guys and gals say.

I have to import a model 3 times in to Publisher at the moment, and this has a dramatic affect on performance. 

Message 6 of 6
fsanchou
in reply to: DerUhrmacher

What would be interesting is : each representation of position is located in several snapshots.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report