Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
300 Views, 1 Reply

Navigation

Could you please change the way you navigate in the scene so its more similar to Showcase and Maya, or add an option for a different way to navigate. It´s very difficult and time consuming to align the camera in Publisher. I see how slow our CAD-guys are working in Inventor which has the same way of navigating as Publisher, compared to how I work in other 3D-applications such as Maya and Showcase. Now when I started to use Publisher I know why they are struggling with the navigation.

My suggestion is:

Alt+LMB = Orbit / Orbit the camera around the object constraining the Y-axis so that it is always vertical.

Alt+MMB = Pan

Alt+RMB = Dolly / Moves the camera back and forth in the cameras Z-axis. Zoom should be a numerical setting in the camera or another keyboard shortcut + RMB.

F = Frame Selected / Moves the camera to the selected object and sets the Orbit Center the center of the selected object.

In my world +Y is up

Michele

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
irene.chen
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Michele,

Thanks for your suggestion. I've added it to our wishlist for PD's reference.

Now Inventor Publisher use the same navigation way as Inventor and AutoCAD. it is helpful to switch easily from Inventor to Publisher for customer.

Thanks

Irene Chen

Inventor Publisher QA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report