Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Customers would Buy Autodesk Publisher if it had the following

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
david.huke
707 Views, 1 Reply

More Customers would Buy Autodesk Publisher if it had the following

Dear Autodesk,

I have had this suggestion from many prosective customers to improve Autodesk Publisher

Like many engineering companies their Inventor assemblies comprise of parts and sub-assemblies which are identified using unique part numbers. When you create 3D Acrobat files using Autodesk Publisher to validate the Inventor assemblies. Currently the resulting 3D Acrobat file has a 'Model Tree' which depicts the Inventor model's part/assembly structure and displays the part/assembly number. This is understandable but for the customers end client this makes it very difficult to identify components.

All of our customers parts and assemblies have a clear Description within their iProperties. It would be very beneficial to their workflow if they could elect to replace the part/assembly number with the Description property (perhaps only replacing if the Description is not empty to account for any content centre parts or minor parts which do not have a Description).

Can I suggest a check box in the 'Publish to PDF' dialogue box to invoke the replace.

I look forward to hearing from you.

David Huke

Senior Consultant

Symetri Milton Keynes 01908 410026

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: david.huke

Hi David,

Thanks for your post. This is a great opportunity for customers to leverage the free Inventor Publisher Mobile Viewer app that we provide, and that anyone is free to use. All of the iProperties that the author specifies to be shown is available to the customer viewing the file with the tap of a finger!

Hope that helps in the short-run.

Thanks,

Timera

Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report