Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Que points in exported Flash video file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sbeamer
397 Views, 2 Replies

Missing Que points in exported Flash video file

Dear Autodesk

Because the flash player that is exported from IP is rather primitive, and can't jump between Snapshots which is vital for digital assembly instructions, i wrote my own Flash application that reads the XML file and Flash video, and a small portal for our intranet where the operator can log in and list all assembly instructions, and view the ones assigned to him/her to work on.

The problem is:

There are no que points (a.k.a. index frames) in the exported flash video, so i can't jump directly to the places where the snapshots start. I have to manually reencode the flash video, take all the timecodes from the Storyboard.xml file and input them in Adobe Media Encoder as que points, and then reencode the video.

Would it be possible to add these que points in the exported flash video in an upcoming Service Pack, or as an alternative extend the exported flash player to be a little more usefull than now? (Sorry to say, but it is complete useless right now)

Digitally yours,

Peter Boné

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello Peter,

Thanks for submitting your requests. I have forwarded this request to our development team. Also it appears that in the player the previous, next and selection of steps buttons seems to be broken. We will look in to this issue as well.

Thanks,
-Raj (Autodesk)
Message 3 of 3

Issue ID is NOV-7506

Regards,

Peggy(Autodesk)

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums