Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging publisher files.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
VictorBDEngineer
1082 Views, 2 Replies

Merging publisher files.

Is it possible to merge publisher (.ipb) files?

I have created a publisher file for each sub-assembly as I could not see how to create a new storyboard with a different sub assembly. If I want a different sub assembly in a separate storyboard do I have to load the complete model and hide the sub assemblies I do not want to see? (What a pain if I have to!)

Victor Pringle

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi --

It is not possible to merge IPB files.

It's easy to load the entire model into a single IPB and turn off all-but-one subassembly.  First turn on the visibility for everything, by clicking on the light bulb on the main assembly.  Then right-click on the sub-assembly, under "Selection" submenu, choose "Isolate".  This turns off the visibility of "everything else".  To limit this behavior to particular snapshots/storyboards, use the "scope" settings (right-click on snapshot thumbnails).

I understand that this may not be an acceptable solution in all cases (e.g., if the main assembly is too big to be practical).  Feel free to elaborate on your particular situation so I can understand it better.

Jon Balgley
Message 3 of 3

You have confirmed my suspicions. This mode of operation was not made clear in the help files. I only discovered that this was the way of working after creating numerous publisher files for the sub assemblies.

Is there any way to copy and paste whole storybooks or am I going to have to rebuild every snapshot from the whole model? I suspect it is going to be the latter!

Regards

Victor Pringle

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report