Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP4 movie cannot be added to iPad

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dherman469
2275 Views, 6 Replies

MP4 movie cannot be added to iPad

Hello,

I have tried to publish an MP4 movie, and use iTunes to add that MP4 to the iPad's video folder.  However, iTunes gives the message that the file cannot be played on an iPad, so it was not added.  I have added MP4 videos to an iPad before without issue.  Does Publisher make MP4 files that are incompatible with the iPad?  The video looks a little better than what shows up on the mobile app, which is why I want to use the movie.  Has anyone else encountered this problem or know a work around? 

Daniel Hermanson

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
peggy.wang
in reply to: dherman469

Could you tell me the file size of MP4? I can upload the Published MP4 file to my SAMSUNG andriod mobile successful and play as expected.

Please try to upload another smaller MP4 file and make sure the upload function work as expected.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
peggy.wang

Just upload a Published MP4 file to my iPad, it works ok. Could you try again and provide more information if you still have problem.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 7
dherman469
in reply to: peggy.wang

Hello Peggy,

I cannot attach the MP4 movie to this discussion thread.  The file is 5 MB, so I could email the file if you would like to test it on your end.  I am still not able to add the file to my iPad.  The strange thing is that if I email the MP4 to the iPad, it will play the email attachement.  But iTunes will not allow me to add the file, so that it shows in the video app. 

Daniel Hermanson

Message 5 of 7
peggy.wang

It sounds like the problem of iTunes. Could you try to use iTunes to upload the MP4 file which not generated by Publisher to your iPad? Please send me an email wang.ping@autodesk.com  if you still fail to upload the file.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 7
peggy.wang

If you use Low quality when Publish to MP4, this file can be uploaded into iTunes. This is a workaround and i have logged this issue to the interal tracking system Nov-10290.

Thank you for your posting.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 7
Cyberciek

According to Apple official website, iPad or iPhone 5/4S is only compatible with H.264, MPEG-4 or Motion JPEG video format with the following specifications:

• If it is H.264 video, it should meet: up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
  • If it is MPEG-4 video, it should meet: up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
  • If it is Motion JPEG (M-JPEG), it should meet: up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.

I know a step by step guide on how to convert MP4 to iPad/iPad 2/iPad 3/iPad 4/iPad mini supported video format with the help of Bigasoft ....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report