Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone having performance issues running Publisher 2013

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
jweiss1313
2867 Views, 11 Replies

Is anyone having performance issues running Publisher 2013

I just upgraded a mobile workstation with Inventor Publisher 2013 and we are having major performance issues.  I reinstalled Inventor Publisher 2012 and we have no performance issues.  I'm getting ready to upgrade my entire industrial engineering department and I do not want to have performance issues.

Does anyone else notice a performance change between Publisher 2012 and 2013

Here is the users mobile workstation specs

Dell Precision M4500

Core i7 1.73 Ghz processor

8 GB RAM

Nvidia Quadro FX 1800M

Graphics driver 9.18.13.593

Windows 7 x64

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
irene.chen
in reply to: jweiss1313

Hi John,

Thanks for your feedback and I am sorry you meet the performance issues in Publisher 2013, could you please provide us more detail information about the performance issues you met?

Thanks

Irene Chen (irene.chen@autodesk.com)

Inventor Publisher

Message 3 of 12
jweiss1313
in reply to: irene.chen

Hello Irene,

Once the Inventor assembly was inserted, moving parts were painfully slow.  It took time for the 3D triad to appear and movement was slow and choppy to the point it was unmanageable.  Button in the interface took time to iluminate so they could be selected and playing the animation was slow, choppy and robotic like instead of smooth.  Saving the file even took a very long time.  It took a very long time just swithing between different snap shots as well.  Once we reinstalled Pub 2012, we saw a drastic difference in overall performance and the the user was able to get his work done.

I'm going to try to install it on another laptop and see if it has the same issue.  I will let you know what I find out.

If you check your records, we were one of the first companies to purchase Inventor Publisher.  We love the product when it works.  We have had major problems with every new release and I dread rolling this new releae out after seeing the poor performance compared to Pub 2012.  I need to know honestly whether or not there is an issue and whether or not Autodesk is aware of it and is working to fix the issue.  I don't want to roll this new release and have my users unable to do their work.

Best regards,

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 4 of 12
irene.chen

Hi John,

I am glad to hear that you love publisher and thanks for your feedback, but I can't reproduce it at my side, Does this happen to the special files or all files? could you provide us more detail information listed below?

1. Which OS are you using? XP, Win7?
  2. Is it a 32bit OS or 64bit OS?
  3. So you’re using Publisher2013 right? And do you have a SP? If so SP1, SP2 or SP3?
  4. Some of your hardware information would also be helpful, so we can mimic your environment.
  5. Could you please share the file which you can reproduce the issue you mentioned? if yes, you can tell me your email address, and then I will send you a request file mail to upload.

Thanks

Irene Chen (irene.chen@autodesk.com)

Inventor Publisher QA

Message 5 of 12
jweiss1313
in reply to: irene.chen

Here are the system specs you requested

Dell Precision M4500

Core i7 1.73 Ghz processor

8 GB RAM

Nvidia Quadro FX 1800M

Graphics driver 9.18.13.593

Windows 7 x64

Autodesk Inventor Publisher 2013 (SP3)

I can share the file is you like.  Me email address is johnweiss@follettice.com

Thanks!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 6 of 12
Dexter

HI:

Please post a resolution to this issue when you find one. I am very interested to know the results, as we have a similar performance issue, although ours may be due to a slow graphics card.

Message 7 of 12
jweiss1313
in reply to: Dexter

Hello Irene,

Looks like it was isolated to one laptop where I had other issue related to the graphics card/driver.  I installed Publisher 2013 on other laptops and workstations and I don't see performance difference between 2012 and 2013.  Thanks for your help!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 8 of 12
irene.chen

Hi John,

I am glad to hear it was got resolved.

Thanks

Irene (Irene.chen@autodesk.com)

Message 9 of 12
ben.toms

Hi,

I have the same issue with my machine to the extent where I've had to uninstall Publisher 2013 and revert back to Publisher 2012 because it simply un-usable. The graphics are just sooooo sloooooowwwwww.

Workstation spec:

HP XW6400 Workstation

Intel Xeon 2.33 Ghz processor

4 GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTS450

Graphics driver 9.18.13.697

Windows 7 x64

SpacePilot Pro (Driver 6.14.0)

Does anyone have any suggestions? Other than get a new machine of course....

Regards

Ben

Message 10 of 12
mogens.andersen2
in reply to: ben.toms

hello,

I have excat the same issue very poor performance on graphics. I have tried it on 3 different computers:

1:

Win xp 32 bit Proffesional

HP xw 4600

Fx 1800

4 Gb mem

2:

Win 7 64 bit Enterprice

HP Z 420

Fx 4000

24 Gb mem

3:

Win 7 64 bit Enterprice

Dell M6700

Quadro K4000M

16 Gb mem.

all installed from same media all with SP 1,2 & 3. I have update everything, windows, spacepilot, directx, graphics I even have tried with several certified drivers - no luck.

data amount for the model around 1Gb.

performance on 3D rotae is very poor, and if a section cut view is active it´s imposible to rotate.

please provide a solution asap.

Message 11 of 12

Any updates on this?

Message 12 of 12

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, do you mind sharing the files which you used for reproduce this issue to me?

Irene Chen(Irene.chen@autodesk.com)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report