Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Publisher crashes if UAC is turned on and user is not Admin

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jweiss1313
411 Views, 0 Replies

Inventor Publisher crashes if UAC is turned on and user is not Admin

We just upgraded to Inventor Publisher 2012 and installed it for some new users with running laptops with Windows 7 x32 OS.  Normally we run with the UAC turn on at the recommended level and the user have Power User accounts.  On everyone of these laptops (6 total) Publisher 2012 crashes when opening the application when the UAC is turned on and the user is a Power User.  When I turn off the UAC and leave them a Power User Publisher crashes when opening the application.  When I turn off the UAC and make the user account an admin, Publisher 2012 open the application without crashing.  I also have this issue on a Windows 7 x64 laptop.

I do have five Windows 7 x64 workstations that have the UAC turned on and the user account is admin and Publisher does open when launched.

Not sure what is happening here, but my IS department is upset because we have to run these with the UAC turned off and they don't want these guys having admin rights on these machines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report