Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Publisher and Vault Professional

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dherman469
543 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor Publisher and Vault Professional

Hello,

Currently, my company is using Vault Professional 2011.  So, I already know that Publisher 2012 is not compatible with our Vault.  However, there are plans to upgrade to either Vault Pro 2012 or 2013.  So, I am trying to gather some information for how Publisher functions with Vault.  I have one specific question that I would like to start with.

Let's assume that I have Vault Pro 2012 and Publisher 2012.  I have an Inventor assembly file and I also have a Publisher file that uses that Inventor assembly file.  Suppose that I now do a Copy Design on the Inventor assembly file within Vault Pro 2012.  When I do the Copy Design, will Vault know that the Publisher file is linked to the assembly file and give me the option to also make a copy of the Publisher document that would be automatically linked to the new assembly file? 

Daniel Hermanson

Spraying Systems Co.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ben.toms
in reply to: dherman469

Hi Daniel,

No, Vault Pro 2012 does not support the 'copy design' function with publisher 2012 (.ipj) files (Unless anyone else knows otherwise). It simply treats them as separate 'dumb' files just as it does with all other file types such as MS Word, PDF's, etc. If you select 'copy design' on a Publisher file it just comes up with a restriction saying 'copy design is not supported on the selected file type'. Also if you use 'copy'design' on an Inventor 2012 file it simply ignores any related Publisher files.

I'm sure this functionality will come in time, but not with the 2012 versions of the product. Maybe the 2013 version fares better, but until I've instaled it I cannot comment.

Regards

Ben

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report