Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Publisher Service Pack 1 is now live

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
rajkumar.ilanchelian
1233 Views, 14 Replies

Inventor Publisher Service Pack 1 is now live

Install Inventor Publisher SP1 from here.

Thanks,
-Raj (Autodesk)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Finally! Hope this will tackle the 'unknown error' and many other problems.

Message 3 of 15

And it still doesn't show up half the textures for me.

I'm seriously going to have to start looking for an alternative now.

Message 4 of 15
TechNico_nl
in reply to: bowen192

I downloaded and installed SP1. I can't see the changes, maybe in the background. Errors still there, something in my file is corrupt I think. For 4th time I'm going to ask Autodesk to repair it. Getting tired and frustrated of Publisher Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 15
FrankZhou
in reply to: TechNico_nl

Can you give us a brief description of your problem? Or can you just mail me(frank.zhou@autodesk.com) and describe your file corruption issue in the mail, we will try our best to fix the file corruption for you.

Message 6 of 15
TechNico_nl
in reply to: FrankZhou

Hello,

My file problems are known by Autodesk for weeks now. I've contact with the development team 5-10 times a week. But they can't give a solution and the SP1 didn't solve it. They just have to 'repair' my file and I can go on. Most of the time the problem occurs after updating the source files and then re-open the updated *.ipb file (after saving).

Message 7 of 15
bowen192
in reply to: FrankZhou

@FrankZhou wrote:

Can you give us a brief description of your problem? Or can you just mail me(frank.zhou@autodesk.com) and describe your file corruption issue in the mail, we will try our best to fix the file corruption for you.

It's the same old issue that I've had for months.

The textures disappear and default to grey.  I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for two main reasons;

1/  The model is created in Autodesk Inventor

2 / The problem never occured in Publisher 2011.

I've owned 2012 for about three or four months now, and I haven't used it once.

Tags (3)
Message 8 of 15
mark.lambert

Hello,

Are you possibly using custom Inventor colors or materials?  Those materials will default to grey in Publisher.

Regards,

Mark

Message 9 of 15
bowen192
in reply to: mark.lambert

@mark.lambert wrote:

Hello,

Are you possibly using custom Inventor colors or materials?  Those materials will default to grey in Publisher.

Regards,

Mark

I am using the standard choice of materials that come packaged with Inventor.

For example; As Material > Metal-Steel (Rusted)

Message 10 of 15
mark.lambert

Ok.  Thanks.

Can you possibly share your file so we can see what's happening? 

Regards,

Mark

Message 11 of 15

Hi,

I tried using the Metal - Steel (Rusted) on a simple Inventor part and it came in correctly in Publisher 2012. There should be more to the file that you are using I believe. Would it be possible to share a small Inventor file that you are seeing this problem in 2012?

Please email me directly rajkumar.ilanchelian@autodesk.com and I can send you a secure ftp site to upload the dataset.

Thanks,
-Raj (Autodesk)
Message 12 of 15

Thanks for sending in the dataset. Your model currently has a texture image for color and Publisher currently does not support this workflow.

We bring in material color and also a color override but not color override from a texture image.

I will take this issue back to our development team and see if there are any workarounds possible.

Thanks,
-Raj (Autodesk)
Message 13 of 15

I just installed it and it killed my Office 2010 COM Add-in for Publisher and everytime I try to restart it, it pulls a run-time error and will not load.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 14 of 15
Tianq
in reply to: mflayler2

Could you please try this workaround in the link http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Publisher/Publisher-Word-add-in-does-not-work-after-...

Thanks,

Dave, Publisher Developer.

Dave (Qing) Tian

Sr. Software Engineer

Message 15 of 15
mflayler2
in reply to: Tianq

That worked beatfifully, thank you!

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report