Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Publisher Information on new version?

63 REPLIES 63
Message 1 of 64
coreyparks
3649 Views, 63 Replies

Inventor Publisher Information on new version?

I know it can be reported or spoken of in a public forum but I need to find out about the new version of Inventor Publisher that should be coming out this spring.  I have run into so many pitfalls that I can no longer waste my time on this version.  Right now every file I work on is like a ticking time bomb and I can't see the clock.  Every file I have worked on has eventually corrupted and given me an unknown error leaving me unable to open the file and finish changes or updates.  Even when I can get updates to work properly I  am forced to edit every BOM and renumber all of the line items before I erase and re-balloon the entire assembly.  I have one manual that I can complete in 3 hours, start to finish.  I have done that 4 separate times now due to the file becoming corupt. 

So in a nutshell I need to abandon Inventor Publisher 2013R1 due to time contraints and severe lack of performance.  That being the case we still need something to create our manuals with.  So do I wait till the next version hoping it might fix some of the problems I am having or do we look for something better from another company or do we wait for the next version knowing that there are major changes that will make the 2015 version at least usable?  Can someone Let me know how to get into the Beta program, if there is one, for Publisher?  I have done betas in the past but can't see a way to sign up for this one on that website.  Thanks for any help I can get.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
63 REPLIES 63
Message 21 of 64
jhendrick
in reply to: jhendrick

Well here goes...I just placed the order with my Autodesk reseller to add Inventor Publisher 2013 R1 to my subscription contract, so I aplogize in advance for getting on everyone's nerves with an overload of questions. I also found some CD / DVD training courses since I travel and cannot attend any in class sessions.  I took SolidWorks up on their offer to "prove some of the claims that they made to me" about Composer and importing Inventor files, but after 3 weeks of no reply to my specific questions, I got back "sorry about the miscommunication, can you resend your questions and part files?" after I notified the SoliWorks technician & sales of my decision to stay with Autodesk. I think we are all a little old for "sorry, my dog ate my homework, can I have more time to turn in my assignment?"

- Regards, Jeff  

Message 22 of 64
ravikmb5

When will be Inventor Publisher 2015 will be out
We have Plans to Purchase This software this year
Please mark this response as Problem Solved if it answers your question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravi Kumar MB,
i7 860 Dell Studio XPS Win 7 64 bit 12 Gb RAM & HP Z220 SFF Workstation
Autodesk Inventor Certified professional 2016
Email: ravikmb5@gmail.com

Message 23 of 64
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: ravikmb5

Hi there,

We will be releasing Inventor Publisher 2015 at the end of Q2 (Late July time frame), so stay tuned.

Best,

Timera

Message 24 of 64
ravikmb5

Great

Is the Beta Version available for Testing purpose

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravi Kumar MB,

Message 25 of 64
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: ravikmb5

Great question, we do not (and will not) have an open Beta of the upcoming 2015 release. 

Message 26 of 64
ravikmb5
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Fine ?

Will wait for Actual Release

Thanks........................

Ravi Kumar MB,

Message 27 of 64
coreyparks

Well, that's extremely disappointing to hear.  I was hoping to get my hands on it a bit earlier than that to see if some of the issues I have are changed/fixed.  Also unless your quarters work differently July is early in Q3.  Just thought I would be the obnoxious guy and point that out, lol.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 28 of 64
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: coreyparks

Hi Corey,

Autodesk's quarter system is unique, and Q2 runs through July. Thanks for your input, however. We'll be sure to post here when the next 2015 version is available so you can get your hands on it.

Thanks,
Timera

Message 29 of 64
Anonymous

Any news ? ETA ?
Message 30 of 64
bowen192
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 31 of 64
Anonymous
in reply to: bowen192

Such a good news ! That's great to ear !! I can't wait anymore for it 😉 I messed this topic because in fact TimeraAutodesk told here "We'll be sure to post here when the next 2015 version is available so you can get your hands on it." So I registered this Topic and wait for news or release....
Message 32 of 64
jweiss1313
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't wait for Publisher 2015!  We are waiting to here when it's released!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 33 of 64
jannaspicer
in reply to: jweiss1313

Great news: It's very, very close! I should have a specific date for you in another week or two... 

-Janna Spicer

Autodesk Product Manager

Message 34 of 64
wkoehn
in reply to: jannaspicer

I will be waiting for this too!

Win10 Pro 64Bit | PDSU 2016 | Vault Pro 2016
SuperMicro X10SRA | Xeon E5-1650v3 3.5 Ghz 6 core | 32 Gb ram
(1) Samsung 850 Pro | (2) Samsung 950 Pro | EVGA GTX 980 Ti
Message 35 of 64
steve.lock
in reply to: wkoehn

Does anyone have a release date of 2015 verion?

Thanks!Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 64
DarrenP
in reply to: steve.lock

it looks like autodesk is pushing this out today

it has shown up on some customers subscription website already

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 37 of 64
jweiss1313
in reply to: DarrenP

I'm downloading Inventor Publisher 2015 from the subscription site as we speak.  Thanks Autodesk!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 38 of 64
wkoehn
in reply to: jweiss1313

I wish there was a demo available...I just did a live chat with Autodesk and of course they couldn't tell me anything yet:)

Win10 Pro 64Bit | PDSU 2016 | Vault Pro 2016
SuperMicro X10SRA | Xeon E5-1650v3 3.5 Ghz 6 core | 32 Gb ram
(1) Samsung 850 Pro | (2) Samsung 950 Pro | EVGA GTX 980 Ti
Message 39 of 64
DarrenP
in reply to: wkoehn

there isn't anything that says what is new in 2015 yet

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 40 of 64
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

What's New in Inventor Publisher 2015

http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/InventorPublisher/files/GUID-A0C1BFD9-1A18-4CD5-AE97-7FD...

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report