Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Publisher Free trial Opening Parasolid Files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Andre2099
1399 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor Publisher Free trial Opening Parasolid Files

Hello,

My company wants me and 2 other people to evaluate inventor publisher via the free trial. I believe we are budgeted for it already. We thought we could export Solid works files to Parasolid files and open them up in Inventor Publisher....my colleagues say they were able to do it.

I finally got the free trial up and running today. My issue is it wont let me open the parasolid files (.x_b, or .x_t).

There isn't an import feature on my free trial either, maybe that is the issue? File/Open only shows "All supported files (*.ipb)" which is saying the only supported files are .ipb files which seems odd to me.

My colleagues say they were able to open parasolid files in their free trials, but they can't show it to me since their 30days are up.

We thought maybe it was my trial version that was doing it, maybe that feature was turned off....so I uninstalled mine, took my colleague's install file and reinstalled.

Still doesnt work!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Every workflow in Publisher starts with an Insert of 3d data. So our trial version does/will have the insert option. Can you please send me the link where you downloaded the trial version?

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 5
Message 4 of 5
Andre2099
in reply to: Andre2099

Ok got it to work. After reading your post, I was convinced I was doing something wrong. I didnt realize that you could not use "Open". You need to create a new file and the use the "insert".

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5

Glad it works. I was going to ask the exact same question 🙂

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report