Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Publisher 2013 displaying internal threads

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
venport
1452 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor Publisher 2013 displaying internal threads

Good day,

I've been looking for a solution for my issue with no success.

My issue:

for one of our designs, Inventor Publisher started showing all the internal threads of bolts and screws (clear, technical line drawing styles; please see atached picture) and neither the engineer(s) nor I can find a way to hide this information in the drawing.

I start new projects with other designs far more complicated, even from the same engineer, and I don't have this issue at all.

The ingeneers tell me they use a lot of conversions of STEP drawings in all of their designs, but this doesn't seem to be an issue.

Can anyone please guide us towards a solution?

I have engineering background (Technician in Electronics) with a vast working experience in electromechanics, I'm working as a Technical Writter at the present time, and I'm using Inventor Publisher 2013 SP3.

Many thanks in advance for your time.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
alex.chien
in reply to: venport

Hi venport,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Would you mind sharing your data with us, so our team can investigate the issue? If yes, please send me a private message with your email address and I will send a file request for you to upload your file.

Thanks,

Alex

Message 3 of 5
venport
in reply to: alex.chien

Thank you Alex for your response.

The engineers kept working at the issue and there seems to be related with the STEP Import Options (which they have never had issues with)

There seems to be a problem with the third party STEP files used in this design (the way they have been generated)

It is so bad, that I did a Zoom All and the result was ridiculuous (see attachement)

The engineers carried out a test with one of the STEPs and decided not to import the Entity Types: Surfaces, Wires, and Points, and it seems to have resolved the issue, thoguh they don't know which of the three could be and are not planing on finding out.

As soon as they find some time they will rework the design and I'll be more than happy to report the results.

Message 4 of 5
venport

Hello all,

Happy to report that not importing from the STEP files, into the .ipt, the following "Entity Types to Import": Surfaces, Wires, Points, solves the problem.

No more threadings showing up, no more strange behaviour.

Hope this helps someone else down the road.

Message 5 of 5
alex.chien

Hi venport,

Thanks for the reporting! Pleaser let us know if you encouter any new issues.

Thanks,
Alex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report