Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting model into new storyboard

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cts2013
823 Views, 3 Replies

Inserting model into new storyboard

I currently have a Publisher project that contains 5 storyboards. Upon creating a new storyboard (number 6), I make invisible the parts that are left on the screen. This doesn't affect the storyboards and snapshots which is fine.

When I insert a new model onto the blank canvas it shows up on all the other storyboards and snapshots which is not what I want. The only way to get the new model to show on storyboard 6 only is to go through the other storyboards and snapshots and make it invisible. This is very time consuming when you consider that Publisher doesn't like large models and it crashes a lot.

Briefly, I want to insert a new model into a new storyboard without it showing up on the other storyboards. How can I do this? I already have "set affected snapshots" set to "snapshot only".

Regards

cts2013

- - - > Publisher 2016 running on: - - -

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz
Quadro K4000
16GB RAM
Intel SSD
Win10 64bit
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cts2013
in reply to: cts2013

I will answer my own question seeing as Autodesk are, as usual, massive contributors to their own forum.

I insert the model and set affected snapshots to “within document, preceding snapshots”. I then make it invisible, then I set affected snapshots to “snapshot only”.  I then make the model visible.

This is a very long winded way of doing something very simple!

- - - > Publisher 2016 running on: - - -

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz
Quadro K4000
16GB RAM
Intel SSD
Win10 64bit
Message 3 of 4
ReneeRauscher7968
in reply to: cts2013

We just bought Inventor Publisher - so I'm new - but I'm finding similar issue in inserting a snapshot into a current storyboard.  I want each snapshot to be unique, yet, whenever I insert a new snapshot, even with Snapshot Only selected in the Set Affected Snapshots option, it seems permanently tied to the previous snapshot.  This is terrible and not at all what I want in this instance.  Isn't there a way to "un-tie" a snapshot from the previous when you want to?

Message 4 of 4
na.miao
in reply to: ReneeRauscher7968

Hi, 

" New snapshot: command is to create a duplicate of the current active snapshot.

If you don't want to tied to the previous snapshot, you can this workaround

1.create two snapshots(snapshot1 and snapshot2) when you create the document, 

2.add annotation in snapshot2 

3.active snapshot1 which is not add any annotation, and then new a snapshot(snapshot3), the snapshot3 is not tied to snapshot2.

Hope this is helpful for you 

Thank you 

Na Miao(Autodesk)
Inventor Publisher QA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report