Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert From Vault - Unhandled exception

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jweiss1313
1821 Views, 8 Replies

Insert From Vault - Unhandled exception

I have a user who is trying to insert an Inventor 2012 file into Inventor Publisher 2012..

Here is his workflow:

Opened Publisher 2012

Clicked Create New File

Went to Vautl tab in ribbon panel

Clicked on the insert button

Drilled down into Vault Product libraries folder and clicked on Saturn folder and got the error shown in the attached screen capture.

The user hit the continue button and nothing happens.  The user then closed the application and re-opened and gets the same result.  He does not get this error on all folders, but he does on some..

I just tried the same workflow on my workstation and I do not get this error.

Please help ASAP because my user cannot get his work done.

Thanks!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jweiss1313
in reply to: jweiss1313

I want to keep this problem relevant because this problem also exists in Publisher 2013 but instead of getting an error message, Publisher crashes.  See Autodesk case 07709148.

Please help!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 3 of 9
LeoWan

Thank you for reporting this issue. I have filed a issue in our internal track system.

By the information of the screenshot, I guess there might be a file which has no file extension in the 'problem' folder.

If yes, please try this workaround :

rename the no extension file to has a extension or remove this no extension file.

Publisher QA

Message 4 of 9
jweiss1313
in reply to: LeoWan

That is not the issue at all.  This is a Vault folder filled with 1811 Inventor files.  Inventor Publisher will not display the contents of certain Vault folders and we get this error in Pub2012.  In Pub2013, we do not even get an error, the application crashes. These folders are children folder in Vault with ACL's defined by the parent folder, so we should have the same permissions in every child folder.  The problem is that we don't, only in Publisher.  We cannot access certain folders in Vault because of this error and we are unable to get our work done!

See tech support case #07709148 for more details

I'm attaching a copy of the error details.

Thanks for your help with this issue.

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 5 of 9
jweiss1313

I just received a new dll file from the Autodesk Publisher development team and it fixed the problem.  Thanks to all at Autodesk who helped fix this problem for us!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 6 of 9
hgulen33

Hi friends. In recent days I've installed Autodesk Vault 2018 Pro Client. When I launched Vault an error throwed that shows up below in the picture. I can't understand that error. Thank you for your helps.

Exception.png

Message 7 of 9
jweiss1313
in reply to: hgulen33

Are you trying to insert a file into Inventor Publisher?  This thread is for an Inventor Publisher error.  Inventor Publisher was discontinued last year and is not compatible with Vault 2018.

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 8 of 9
hgulen33

I apologize for wrong thread. This error related Vault 2018 Pro Client not related Inventor Publisher. Then Vault 2018 Client launched that error occurs

Message 9 of 9
hgulen33

My problem is not related the Inventor Publisher. I'm so sorry for wrong threat. It was careless of me. This error only is showing when Vault Client 2018 Pro App lanunched. Thank you for your understanding.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report