Inventor Publisher

doverdorff
Message 1 of 8 (699 Views)

Import issues with .iam

699 Views, 7 Replies
04-05-2010 09:34 AM
I'm having trouble with .iam files from inventor. None of the preparations performed on weldments are making it into publisher. Also none of my fasteners are coming in either. I'm evaluating the free trial of publisher before purchase.

Any advice of suggestions would be appreciated.
Employee
mccoym
Message 2 of 8 (699 Views)

Re: Import issues with .iam

04-05-2010 09:55 AM in reply to: doverdorff
Hi,

Could you send us some sample files? Please attach them to the post.

Thanks,
Manjiri McCoy
Software Developer
Autodesk
doverdorff
Message 3 of 8 (699 Views)

04-05-2010 10:34 AM in reply to: doverdorff
This is one of the models I'm having issue with.
Employee
mccoym
Message 4 of 8 (699 Views)

04-05-2010 10:37 AM in reply to: doverdorff
Thanks. We will take a look and get back to you.
Employee
mccoym
Message 5 of 8 (699 Views)

04-09-2010 03:16 PM in reply to: doverdorff
HI,

Could you tell me what version of Inventor you used to create the assembly, and what version of Publisher you have?

Thanks,
Manjiri
doverdorff
Message 6 of 8 (699 Views)

04-12-2010 05:19 AM in reply to: doverdorff
The assembly was originally created in inventor 2009 and migrated into 2010. I'm using the 30 day trial of publisher, not the technology preview.
Employee
mccoym
Message 7 of 8 (699 Views)

04-14-2010 12:06 PM in reply to: doverdorff
Thanks. I took a look a the file. The preparations are Inventor Assembly Features. Importing them is not yet supported in Publisher, but is being considered for a future release. I also looked into the fastener issue. By fasteners, I assume you mean the "Hexagon Socket Flat..." instances. These are being imported into Publisher, but the iMates are not yet being imported, so i think they are all showing up inside your model. You can see them by turning the visibility of the root component off, and then making just one of these screws visible. Importing iMates is also being considered for a future release.

I hope this explains the behavior you are seeing. If not, please let me know. We appreciate your feedback. I will let our Product Manager know that you are requesting these features for a future release.
Distinguished Contributor
s.wile
Message 8 of 8 (699 Views)

05-13-2010 11:20 AM in reply to: doverdorff
A work around is to publish the assembly to a dwf and then bring the dwf into publisher.
Everything works fine that way.
Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube