Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import issues with .iam

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
doverdorff
1114 Views, 7 Replies

Import issues with .iam

I'm having trouble with .iam files from inventor. None of the preparations performed on weldments are making it into publisher. Also none of my fasteners are coming in either. I'm evaluating the free trial of publisher before purchase.

Any advice of suggestions would be appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mccoym
in reply to: doverdorff

Hi,

Could you send us some sample files? Please attach them to the post.

Thanks,
Manjiri McCoy
Software Developer
Autodesk
Message 3 of 8
doverdorff

This is one of the models I'm having issue with.
Message 4 of 8
mccoym

Thanks. We will take a look and get back to you.
Message 5 of 8
mccoym

HI,

Could you tell me what version of Inventor you used to create the assembly, and what version of Publisher you have?

Thanks,
Manjiri
Message 6 of 8
doverdorff

The assembly was originally created in inventor 2009 and migrated into 2010. I'm using the 30 day trial of publisher, not the technology preview.
Message 7 of 8
mccoym

Thanks. I took a look a the file. The preparations are Inventor Assembly Features. Importing them is not yet supported in Publisher, but is being considered for a future release. I also looked into the fastener issue. By fasteners, I assume you mean the "Hexagon Socket Flat..." instances. These are being imported into Publisher, but the iMates are not yet being imported, so i think they are all showing up inside your model. You can see them by turning the visibility of the root component off, and then making just one of these screws visible. Importing iMates is also being considered for a future release.

I hope this explains the behavior you are seeing. If not, please let me know. We appreciate your feedback. I will let our Product Manager know that you are requesting these features for a future release.
Message 8 of 8
s.wile

A work around is to publish the assembly to a dwf and then bring the dwf into publisher.
Everything works fine that way.
Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report