Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPM Viewer Crashing

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Talayoe
1336 Views, 8 Replies

IPM Viewer Crashing

Hey all,

I have the ipm viewer on my ipad 4. I hit download, provide login creds and the. It crashes. Re start, hit download (now that creds are in) crashes.

I deleted, re-installed and repeated above and same thing.

Edit: just tried on ipad 2 and iphone 4, same. App broken??

Any ideas why his might be giving up?
-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
irene.chen
in reply to: Talayoe

Hi,

I can't reproduce this issue at my side.  but I guess maybe it caused by the translator issue these days. Could you please try again according to steps below and let me know if it works now.

- Delete the app in Apple device.

- Download a new one from the App store instead of using update and install.

- Check if the viewer works.

Thanks

Irene Chen

Message 3 of 9
Talayoe
in reply to: irene.chen

Hi Irene,

Sorry for not responding. I never saw the email notifier that this was responded too.

I gave this a whirl and the same issue happens. It is really quite frusterating. I should try again but on one of my other devices...Doesnt work on my iphone either (just tried).

This issue is quite annoying I have to say. Thanks for the response tho. 🙂

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 4 of 9
irene.chen
in reply to: Talayoe

Hi,

After we did some research, below is what we found,

The application will scan the metadata XML downloaded from Autodesk Server after logged in. The crash was caused by trying to read the ‘Name’ attribute of the <Link> item  which does not exist in the metadata of some DWG files. 

To fix your problem, Please try the workaround, you can group all the DWG files under the root into a folder on 360.autodesk.com and don’t touch it to avoid the crash after log in in Inventor Publisher Mobile Viewer.

Please let me know if it works after you try.

Thanks

Irene

Message 5 of 9
michael.rostad

I've tested reorganizing the root directory, and the app now allows me to login and see the directory structure.

Unfortunately, when I try going into the folder I created that contains a single Inventor .IPT format file, I experience the same crash out to desktop.

App info:

IPM Viewer

Version 1.6

App Size 19.2 MB

Please advise.

Message 6 of 9
Adam.Mounsey

I'm having the same issue, and the workaround doesnt seem to work.

Is there any solution for this yet?

Message 7 of 9
tylern
in reply to: Adam.Mounsey

only *.IPM files can be opened in the viewer, 
IPT files (inventor part) are not supported for viewing, they must be "Published" through the Inventor Publisher program. 

Message 8 of 9
Talayoe
in reply to: tylern

Interesting change of pace here. I download iOS 7 for my iPad this morning (hate it!), but the Inventor Viewer for the first time ever since I have downloaded it, does not crash when I go to DOWNLOAD. It's a miracle! 🙂 

Randy is happy now! <--- (me)

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 9 of 9
irene.chen
in reply to: Adam.Mounsey

Please update your inventor Publisher viewer with the new version released on September 18. This issue has been resolved.

Thanks

Irene

Inventor Publisher QA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report