Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlinks?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mcolinp
342 Views, 4 Replies

Hyperlinks?

So I expected a lot with the implementation of "Hyperlinks"; as stated elsewhere in the forums: in the 2015 release of Publisher.

So far I have tried to implement them using the "Custom Properties" feature; with no success. I have not seen any documentation regarding this either. Even the video shown for "Custom Properties" in New Features; im the Help: does not mention anything about hyperlinks . . .

Can someone from Autodesk please give some examples of this; and some explanation of what these "hyperlinks" can do or how they can be used. It was my assumption that "hyperlinks" were intended to be recognized in the exported to mobile files. Someone at Autodesk gave me the impression that these were available in mobile when opening up the Properties dialog of a part while in the mobile app.

Anything that can get me steered in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

(Sample files would be great!)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
na.miao
in reply to: mcolinp

Hi,

For using hyperlink, you need add it to customer properties, and publish it to web, then you can view the hyperlink in mobile viwer.

Detail steps (take CWZ Desk.ipb in sample file as example):

1.right click on "Part60:1"( properties of assembly/sub assembly can;t be viewed  in mobile), click "Edit Properties"

2. in Edit Properties Dialog, click "Customiza Fields"

3. enter a property name just like "link" in "Create New Filed" text, and click "Add", click OK

4. there is a new property appear in "Authored Properties",give it a value, just like "www.autodesk.com", click OK

5.publish to web, publish to Autodesk 360

6.go to your mobile viwer, download it from Austodesk 360

7.double click Part60 to get its properties, you will see the hyperlink 

hyper.png

Na Miao(Autodesk)
Inventor Publisher QA
Message 3 of 5
mcolinp
in reply to: na.miao

So I have been trying as you suggested. The initial attemp resulted in Publisher crashing when I tried to publish the file to 360. That time I used a link to another ipm mobile file that was hosted on dropbox. I tried again by using bit.ly to shorten the dropbox url; same results.

So then I tried publishing both of the files to 360; and I copied the link for File 2; to paste the link into File 1. I then tried to download File 1 to open and test the hyperlink; it says downloading; and has been 10 mintues with no progress.

This is far from working as it should be.

Why do dropbox links cause it to crash? Why am I forced to do everything with 360; which mind you, is *NOT* working for me?

I am starting to think that Publisher has almost no oversight or direction within Autodesk; and it currently seems to maintain a *Toy* status amongst the rest of Autodesks software portfolio. Some of us think this software could have tremendous potential; IF it were developed with the same regard as some of the other more established Autodesk software titles.

Message 4 of 5
na.miao
in reply to: mcolinp

hi, 

I'm sorry to hear that you meet crash when you publish file to 360. But I can't reproduce this issue.

I also added a dropbox link (share link to an ipm file),  publish to 360, there is no crash.

When I try to download it in mobile viewer, it did fail several times, But at last I can download it successfully.

I suggest you wait several hours to download it in mobile viewer after you publish it to 360.

Could you please send me the file you meet crash when you publish to 360? I will do more investigation for it.

my e-mail address is Na.Miao AT autodesk.com.

Thank you 

Na Miao(Autodesk)
Inventor Publisher QA
Message 5 of 5
cts2013
in reply to: na.miao

"I suggest you wait several hours to download it in mobile viewer after you publish it to 360."

Did anything ever come of this cos that is a very poor solution?

- - - > Publisher 2016 running on: - - -

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz
Quadro K4000
16GB RAM
Intel SSD
Win10 64bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report