Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
bowen192
591 Views, 6 Replies

Hatching

I have just done a section view and the option to perform hatching seems to have disappeared.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pfwhite
in reply to: bowen192

I just gave sectioning a try in 2013 R1 and was able to cross-hatch the cut planes by right clicking on the part I wanted to hatch afterwards and choosing 'Hatching Style' from the menu (see image). Do you not see this option when you right click on the part?

Section-hatching.png

Message 3 of 7
bowen192
in reply to: pfwhite

The option has just disappeared.

I've opened a couple of older files with hatching and I can edit and add hatching no problem.

I have two Section Groups, but not sure why that would make a difference.

Message 4 of 7
bowen192

I turned off the section view and created a new identical one.  The hatching option is back.

Strangely, when I zoom out, the hatching option disappears.

Zoom back in and it reappears!

Message 5 of 7
bowen192

FFS! Smiley Sad

Only SOME components accepting hatching now...

Message 6 of 7
bowen192

I've now figured out that it only works on certain slides, although I'm not sure what the pattern is yet.

Currently I am finding a snapshot that works, highlighting the snapshots I require the hatching done in and then altering it in the working snapshot.

Message 7 of 7
pfwhite

Thanks for the additional feedback on when you are seeing this. Despite trying to reproduce the conditions you have described (with different zoom and slides) we have been unable to reproduce the problem. 

If you are willing to share your dataset with us so we can reproduce the issue and log it as a defect for fixing, you can contact me directly at:

peter.white at autodesk.com

Otherwise, we will continue to look into it and let you know if we can figure out what is happening.

Thanks,

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report