Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to load file - unknown error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
coreyparks
903 Views, 4 Replies

Failed to load file - unknown error

So has this issue been resolved yet?  I am running 2013R1 and I can't open a file I last worked on a few weeks ago.  I had this happen one other time while using version 2013 and I just assumed it was totally random uncommon occurance.  At this point I am a little scared to do anything more with the software if I will just lose everything I have done anyway.  I can maybe open an old version but I sure as heck can't remember what changes I did in the file when I last had it open several weeks ago.  Anyway to recover this file?

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
coreyparks
in reply to: coreyparks

Well I was able to open an old version but the current one is Version 24 and I had to go back to 21 to find one that worked.  What changes did I make those weeks ago that I need to catch?  There are only 20 snapshots to look over so it should be a snap, right?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 3 of 5
lukasrolinc
in reply to: coreyparks

I have the same problem. Do somebody know how to resolve this error message, please?

Message 4 of 5

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
What's the Inventor Publisher version are you using?
Can you please let me know your email address so that I can send you a request to send your .ipb file to us to take a look?
Thank you!

-Huan
Message 5 of 5
coreyparks
in reply to: lukasrolinc

The best I can tell from everything I have gone through is there is no fix. I still have files that do this even today.  I have found ways to minimize the problem but not stop it entirely.  The main thing I have done is to break my machine up into subassemblies and place no more than one subassembly into an ipb file at a time.  Previously I was trying to documanet our entire machine of 100-300 parts in one ipb files but to date I have had every single file of this size fail to open at some point.  By using subassemblies I seem to get the error much less often and on the occasion that I do it is much faster to recreate the small file compared to the whole machine.  In case your wondering I have spent a fair amount of time working directly with Autodesk on the issue.  They released a service pack at one point for one of the 2013 versions that helped but did not stop the problem entirely.  I currently use 2015 and still get the same issue to happen, though rarely with the smaller file size I have been using.  What I was told was once you get the error there is no recovering the file at that point.  You can go back to an old version that still worked but it is usually only a matter of time before it happens again.

Corey Parks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report