Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face colours using bitmaps not transferring to Inventor publisher

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
480 Views, 1 Reply

Face colours using bitmaps not transferring to Inventor publisher

Hi, i created a section of stripped back cable (all one part) and applied bitmaps to a couple of the faces to make them look like braid in inventor 2012. The result looks great but when i bring the part into publisher, these faces go grey. I then split the cable into separate parts to create an assembly; again publisher doesnt recognise the face colours i've created.

Now in publisher i can take each cable layer and use the material styles to make them look a bit better but the end result is no where near as good as the inventor version!

Why does publisher not transfer all colours from inventor?! It's annoying enough that colours dont appear exactly as they do in inventor

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
amhunt
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! 

Thanks for your question. We're happy you're using Publisher to create real looking animations!

Unfortunately, publisher doesn't support importing Inventor files with different face appearance. Materials, however, should import well. You can create your own custom materials using a bitmap, and then try importing the CAD file into Publisher. This should work and create a more accurate appearance. Unfortunately, you can't change the material of just one face of a part, so you may have to use an assembly file instead with multiple materials.

Thanks, and if you still have issues, feel free to send me the troubled files.

Andy

Autodesk Intern

andy.hunt@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report