Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to Adobe inDesign and/or Illustrator

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
stefanbergsten
3004 Views, 3 Replies

Export to Adobe inDesign and/or Illustrator

Hi I have made some tests with exporting Vector formats to Adobe inDesign and Illustrator.

Publisher 2012 exports SVG files and they cannot be imported into inDesign without using a 3rd party plugin.

When importing into Illustrator all the settings for Silhouettes and Internal edges are lost and the annotations are scattered.

Can someone please give some advice on best practise or settings!

Best Regards

Stefan Bergsten

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

From my experience, the SVG output will only create a black and white line drawing vector... and as far as I've seen, it's not very good quality (and that's being polite). I have stopped using Publisher for creating vectors - and instead go directly to Inventor itself. I have to use AutoCAD in the middle to then ouput to Illustrator Vector... and until Autodesk addresses the vector output, I wonder how much longer we may even continue using Publisher. I know that Publisher is meant to be a one-stop publications program, but we are not an MSWord shop. Instead we use InDesign and the Adobe Creative Suite.  The SVG output from Publisher is unacceptable for our needs - and honestly, I wonder if anyone else is completely satisfied with it. 

But even if they perfect the vector output, I don't know that it would ever be more than the black and white line drawing. At least I have never been able to get anything but that from Publisher. And the bummer is that I love so much of what Publisher has... and yet it's missing those vital details that would make it a perfect solution.

Message 3 of 4
rich-s
in reply to: robert.ruhe

I too am looking for a solution for this. We purchased Publisher to help streamline our instruction manual creation yet still have to work with 3rd party apps or mulitple work-around steps. Instead of SVG, why can't we export to EPS? This would help tremendously.

Message 4 of 4
bowen192
in reply to: stefanbergsten

I agree with this, but I would extend it to almost all output.

I am personally happy with black and white illustrations when converetd to PNG, but in full colour, the standard really drops off from Inventor., or even what you see on screen in Publisher.

As for the video quality, Smiley LOL, it is beyond dire, and I've stopped including them in our manuals now. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report