Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the faceting option on Import do anything?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
HermJan.Otterman
333 Views, 2 Replies

Does the faceting option on Import do anything?

Hello,

I'm using Inventor Publisher 2012 sp2 and Inventor parts / assemblies. To keep the files small you should set the faceting option on import. But the results are the same for Smooth, Medium, Coarse or Custom. Best option is File default, other settings are too rough even 0.0000000001 is still the same as Coarse 0.1.

Is this setting even intended to use with inventor files?

If this answers your question then please select "Accept as Solution"
Kudo's are also appreciated Smiley Wink

Succes on your project, and have a nice day

Herm Jan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

The option is very much to be used with Inventor files. When you say that every option gives you the same are you referring to file size or the edge representation? Would it be possible to share the Inventor assembly to rajkumar.ilanchelian@autodesk.com?

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 3

Hallo Rajkumar,

Thank you for the quick response, at this point I’m looking at the edge representation. The file size is also important but I didn’t look at that.

The assembly is a simple one, even with parts like a simple disc I get these same results.

What number is used when the “file default” is selected?

As you can see in the screenshot (word doc) the edge representation is the same and it doesn’t look good (except for the “file default”)

I’m I doing something wrong?

I expected to see some difference between the settings?

Kind regards,

If this answers your question then please select "Accept as Solution"
Kudo's are also appreciated Smiley Wink

Succes on your project, and have a nice day

Herm Jan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums