Inventor Publisher

Valued Mentor
jweiss
Message 1 of 4 (398 Views)

Do both INV assyt and children both need to be in the same location for Updates

398 Views, 3 Replies
07-13-2010 10:27 AM

Is it just the parent assembly (.iam) that needs to be in the same location for updates, or do the children (.ipt) need to be in the same location too?  I want to make sure I set things up correctly before we start using this great tool.

Thanks

John Weiss

CAD Administrator

Follett Corporation

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Administrator
Follett Corporation
Employee
saketsatta
Message 2 of 4 (394 Views)

Re: Do both INV assyt and children both need to be in the same location for Upda

07-13-2010 03:13 PM in reply to: jweiss

Hi John,

The children (.ipt) files need to be in the same location too for the update to work correctly.

Regards,

Saket Satta

Inventor Publisher Development

Valued Mentor
jweiss
Message 3 of 4 (386 Views)

Re: Do both INV assyt and children both need to be in the same location for Upda

07-14-2010 05:14 AM in reply to: saketsatta

Thank you Saket for the clarification.  Will Vault 2012 have Publisher Integration?  Will future releases of Publisher have the capability to update files that have been moved to a different location?

Here's why I ask.  I have a multiple user environment and we currently use a third party data management tool.  We will probably be creating many publisher files in a location that works for our current data management solution.  We are planning a possible change to Autodesk Vault next year which will probably cause us to move or change our workareas to work with Vault.  Will all our Publisher files not be able to be updated?

This is a very important consider for me as I set up a procedure for using Publisher with our current data management solution.

Thanks.

John Weiss

CAD Administrator

Follett Corporation

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Administrator
Follett Corporation
Employee
saketsatta
Message 4 of 4 (376 Views)

07-14-2010 10:48 AM in reply to: jweiss

Hi John,

We cant comment publicly on functionality planned for future releases. Instead we would like to contact you directly to clarify your requirements. Sam has your details from another inquiry you made and will be in touch.

Regards,

Saket

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube