Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWFX format misplacing parts

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
586 Views, 3 Replies

DWFX format misplacing parts

I'm using the current demo version of Inventor Publisher.  Whil trying to find the best path from Solid Edge to Publisher, I discovered that going from Solid Edge > STP > Publisher created files too large for the iPad export.  As a workaround, I found that Solid Edge > JT > Autodesk Design Review > DWFX > Publisher worked but some of my parts are not in the proper locations.  These are parts that have multiple copies within the model so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.  Publisher seems to display one instance of the part properly but the rest are at another location stacked on top of eachother.

The strange thing is that it seems to be Publisher not reading the DWFX file correctly because I can open it right back up in Design Review and everything is fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

No one else having this problem?  I really want to like this software but can't make a purchase if I can't get my source data to come in correctly.

Message 3 of 4
Jon.Balgley

Can you please send me one or more representative files showing this behavior?  If they're small enough, you can email me at jon.balgley@autodesk.com, or else put them somewhere where I can grab them.

Sorry you're having problems, we'll try to figure out what's going on.

Jon Balgley
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks Jon.  File sent.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report