Inventor Publisher

Contributor
hole423
Message 1 of 9 (1,165 Views)

Custom Iproperties in Parts List

1165 Views, 8 Replies
11-24-2010 12:36 PM

Is there any way to import custom iProperties into the Part List Table?  If not will this be an option in a future release?

Employee
mccoym
Message 2 of 9 (1,136 Views)

Re: Custom Iproperties in Parts List

11-29-2010 09:40 AM in reply to: hole423

We do not import Custom iProperties in a Part List today. If this is something you would like in a future release, I can submit it as a feature request to our Product Management team.

Thanks,

Manjiri McCoy

Software Developer

Inventor Publisher

Contributor
hole423
Message 3 of 9 (1,133 Views)

11-29-2010 10:23 AM in reply to: hole423

Yes... please add this to the suggested list of improvments for publisher. 

Employee
mccoym
Message 4 of 9 (1,130 Views)

11-29-2010 10:27 AM in reply to: hole423

I will do that. Thank you for your feedback!

Contributor
mcolinp
Message 5 of 9 (807 Views)

02-08-2012 03:54 PM in reply to: mccoym

Add another vote for this feature. In fact; I am trying to work with an automtive supplier who would like us to translate assebly data with Publisher for widespread communication amongst it employees and vendors etc. It seems very daunting at this point to have to imort everything into Inventor; manage metadata (iProperties); then import to Publisher only to find that I have very little control over what data is actually included in the published mobile file as far as metadata. I can not find any way to disable categories that are blank in the mobile file. And Likewise; there are columns I can see in the Inventor Bill of Materials as "Custom" which would be information given to them with the original assembly; from customer such as Ford; which are not available in the Publisher file.

Contributor
jeamy.baena
Message 6 of 9 (748 Views)

04-17-2012 07:04 PM in reply to: mcolinp

I totally agree with mconlip.

It is very frustrating to see this type of limitations inside of this "specialized application". I don't understand why Inventor and Design Review have more iProperties control than Publisher (what happened with the custom type?), specially when you visualize these models with mobile devices.

Metada control is a very important topic that has null control here.

I already have 2013 release, but I can't find any enhancement about this topic.

If I missed something, please correct me.

In this moment I am trying to promote this tool to for my client, but, because of this situation, I am going to stop this evaluation.

Employee
TimeraAutodesk
Message 7 of 9 (732 Views)

04-19-2012 08:44 AM in reply to: jeamy.baena

Inventor Publisher 2013 has a Properties Filter dialog, where you can specify which properties you wish to be viewable, etc.

All of the new features and enhancements in 2013 are documented here on the Wiki: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_Publisher/enu/2013/Help/0152-What_s_N152

See Properties Filter information here: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_Publisher/enu/2013/Help/0152-What_s_N152/0160-Enhanced160/0165...

Happy Publishing!

Timera Hart

Autodesk

cihat.h
Message 8 of 9 (632 Views)

09-30-2012 12:08 AM in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

I am sorry,

firstly: for my english

secondly: I do not need the options activate because they are already activated. I can insert my user defined properties in the part list, however, the information is not taken with. I see that user defined properties as an empty column. Where are the contents?

I thank for any aid.

Employee
irene.chen
Message 9 of 9 (551 Views)

10-11-2012 08:05 PM in reply to: cihat.h

Hi,

Properties Filter is for the document properties, I think you mentioned here is maybe the user defined properties of BOM in Inventor file. Inventor Publisher can't display the user defined properties of BOM when create part list.

However, if you want to add the user defined properties in parts list, you can create in Inventor Publisher by Edt Parts List Data command from browser context menu.

Thanks

Irene Chen

Inventor Publishr QA

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube