Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration File

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
hole423
394 Views, 1 Reply

Configuration File

Is there a file or files that contain the settings that I can transfer to another seat.  Example:  I set up a few material colors as favorites and I would like to take those favorites and deploy them to other seats so that we have uniform color chooses. 

Currently I am working in Publisher 2011 R1 and I am getting ready to switch to 2012.  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mccoym
in reply to: hole423

Hello,

We store Favorite Materials as a user prefernece today. We don't yet have an "official" way of transfering the preferences, but here is a potential workaround that you can try:

1. Locate your Publisher Preferences directory. This directory is in your Operating System's appdata folder. For Windows 7 64-bit with an English Locale, it is located here:

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor Publisher 2011\en-US

2. In this folder, there is an XML file "Publisher-Settings-Material.xml". This file contains your material and color preferences. If you copy this file and drop it in another user's preferences folder, the application should pick it up and give the other user the same material and color preferences as you have.

-Manjiri McCoy

Software Developer, Inventor Publisher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report