Inventor Publisher

Valued Mentor
coreyparks
Message 1 of 2 (531 Views)

Can't sort parts list or callout by part numbers

531 Views, 1 Replies
01-18-2013 12:15 PM

Well since we arne't allowed to sort parts lists by item number and since I can't have a parts list that shows up with the Item numbers in random order I figured I would call out parts using thier part numbers.  This way the parts list wouldn't really be required as our mechanics could just go get the part number thats called out.  Problem is I can't seem to callout an air cylinder correctly.  The part is a subassembly and all I can seem to callout is the child component part numbers.  I can get it to show correctly if I use item numbers but then I have to reference a BOM that is sorted randomly.  Hoe does anyone use this for professional documentation when some of the most simple things dont work?

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
IV2014 Factory Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Synergis Adept document management software
16gb RAM --- Nvidia Quadro 4000 2gb
Employee
peggy.wang
Message 2 of 2 (464 Views)

Re: Can't sort parts list or callout by part numbers

02-04-2013 12:24 AM in reply to: coreyparks

Hello,

Thank you for posting your feedback in Newsgroup, Could you try to attached the callout to the parent? Please see attached images. When create callout, you can hover the cursor on the part, then click By parent> select the parent name, and choose Part number as the callout content.  And if it is not the wanted name, you can also edit the partlist as your wanted result, but the created callout would not update, you need re-create it after edit the partlists.

Please let me know if you still have any requirement. Thanks.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube