Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sort parts list or callout by part numbers

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
coreyparks
827 Views, 1 Reply

Can't sort parts list or callout by part numbers

Well since we arne't allowed to sort parts lists by item number and since I can't have a parts list that shows up with the Item numbers in random order I figured I would call out parts using thier part numbers.  This way the parts list wouldn't really be required as our mechanics could just go get the part number thats called out.  Problem is I can't seem to callout an air cylinder correctly.  The part is a subassembly and all I can seem to callout is the child component part numbers.  I can get it to show correctly if I use item numbers but then I have to reference a BOM that is sorted randomly.  Hoe does anyone use this for professional documentation when some of the most simple things dont work?

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
peggy.wang
in reply to: coreyparks

Hello,

Thank you for posting your feedback in Newsgroup, Could you try to attached the callout to the parent? Please see attached images. When create callout, you can hover the cursor on the part, then click By parent> select the parent name, and choose Part number as the callout content.  And if it is not the wanted name, you can also edit the partlist as your wanted result, but the created callout would not update, you need re-create it after edit the partlists.

Please let me know if you still have any requirement. Thanks.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report