Inventor Publisher

Valued Contributor
miQlo
Message 1 of 8 (1,004 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can't access source files from menu

1004 Views, 7 Replies
02-20-2013 08:07 AM

I can't access "Source Files" from the menu, it's not even visible. Why is that?

Do I need to be logged in to Vault? We are using Vault 2011 so I can't and what if you don't even use Vault.

I'm using Publisher 2013 SP3

sourcefiles.jpg

Employee
irene.chen
Message 2 of 8 (987 Views)

Re: Can't access source files from menu

02-20-2013 07:34 PM in reply to: miQlo

You need to select the imported assembly browser node and right click. Update function doesn't work for the sub bowser node.

-Irene

Valued Contributor
miQlo
Message 3 of 8 (980 Views)

02-21-2013 03:22 AM in reply to: irene.chen

Thanks Irene, I've found it now. But, it still doesn't show in some of my assemblies. I've altered the assembly hierarchy in Publisher by inserting other parts, is that why Source Files doesn't show?

Valued Contributor
miQlo
Message 4 of 8 (976 Views)

02-21-2013 08:32 AM in reply to: miQlo

I made some changes to parts and assemblies down the hierarchy outside of Publisher but Publisher doesn't recognize them. Nothing happens if I select Check File Status or if I replace the root assembly with the updated one. If I insert the assembly in a new document the changes are there.

Employee
irene.chen
Message 5 of 8 (970 Views)

02-21-2013 06:29 PM in reply to: miQlo

Did you select the sub-assembly?

Irene

Valued Contributor
miQlo
Message 6 of 8 (964 Views)

02-22-2013 01:00 AM in reply to: irene.chen

The Source Files menu isn't visible on anything else than the root-assembly so no.

Changes was made to a sub-assembly outside of Publisher. Right clicking on the root-assembly selecting Check file status / Update from local files doesn't work.

That is if we both define "sub" as lower down in the hierarchy.

Employee
LeoWan
Message 7 of 8 (936 Views)

02-25-2013 12:05 AM in reply to: miQlo

Hi,

In my understanding, you have a root assembly which has some sub assemblies.  You have inserted the root assembly into Publisher, then made some changes only to sub assembly and want to update them in Publisher . Am I right?

1. the Source file menu only show on root assembly browser node and the default "Components" node.

2. In your case, the root assembly seems has no changes. you can try force run Update command ( Right click on "Components" node, choose Source Files->Update All Components)

Thanks,

Publisher QA

Valued Contributor
miQlo
Message 8 of 8 (931 Views)

02-25-2013 12:54 AM in reply to: LeoWan

Thank you LeoWan, that worked.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube