Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Not Initialize Software

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Felipe809
1527 Views, 17 Replies

Can Not Initialize Software

I am having problems starting up publisher. The error message reads "..there was an error initializing the graphics subsystem. This is likely due to one or more of the following: your graphics driver is not configured for "True Color", there was a problem installing... etc." I already reinstalled and it did not help, support please?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
pcrawley
in reply to: Felipe809

Did you check the settings the error message told you to check?

ie. Colour set to true colour?

Peter
Message 3 of 18
Felipe809
in reply to: pcrawley

Thanks for prompt response, 

Yes I verified that my lap top is set to 1280X800 True Color (32-bit)

Message 4 of 18
pcrawley

Looking at the screen shot - just under the dialog showing the resolution, I can see you are running a very low-end graphics card.  I don't mean that in a derogatory way - it's just that Publisher is a graphics-intensive application and your graphics card may not be up to the job.

Have you checked the System Requirements against your setup?

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/inventor_publisher__2011_system_requirements.pdf

I can see you're running Windows 7 - but how much RAM?

My guess is that you need to look at a new graphics card - but before you rush out and buy one, try the software on another computer - one that's spec'd for Inventor / CAD work.

Peter
Message 5 of 18
Felipe809

Yeah, thanks okay so I'll try it on a newer computer and thank you so much for your help!

Message 6 of 18
vex
Collaborator

I seem to be having the same issue as described here but I can't find the solution.  Here's my output from  AdskDiagOutput verifying that my computer seems to be sufficient to run this program:

Autodesk System and Graphics Device Information Reporting Tool

System Information:

Operating System:               64-bit Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit (6.1, Build 7
601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Language:                       English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer:            LENOVO
System Model:                   2081CTO
BIOS:                           Ver 1.00PARTTBL(
Processor:                      Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T9400  @ 2.53GHz
(1 processor, 2 cores)
System Memory:                  4096MB RAM
Page File:                      3071MB used, 4910MB available
DirectX Version:                DirectX 11
DxDiag Version:                 6.01.7601.17514
DirectX Version:                10.0

Graphics Device Information:

Manufacturer:                   ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip Type:                      ATI display adapter (0x9591)
DAC Type:                       Internal DAC(400MHz)
Graphics HW Memory:             256 MB
Display Mode:                   1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
VendorID:                       0x1002
DeviceID:                       0x9591
SubSystemID:                    0x211617AA
RevisionID:                     0x0000

Graphics driver file:           atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atiu
mdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver file version:            8.641.1.1000
Driver Date:                    24 August 2009 0:00:00 UTC (Coordinated Universa
l Time)
DDI Version:                    10.1
WHQL Level:                     True

Autodesk Graphics Feature Level:

Feature Level:                  4_5

Thoughts?  I have the same error for fusion as well and can't seem to locate a solution to this particular problem.

Message 7 of 18
DarrenP
in reply to: vex

it was stated above your graphics is not powerful enough to run the product you need to upgrade your computer

512mb is the recommened video card size 1gb will probably be better

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 18
vex
Collaborator
in reply to: DarrenP

From the posted PDF it states:
"Microsoft® Direct3D 9 or Direct3D 10 capable graphics card; with Pixel Shader 3.0. 256MB or more recommended"

Is there a requirement I'm missing that states the video RAM should be a minimum of 512MB somewhere?

Message 9 of 18
DarrenP
in reply to: vex

here:

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 18
vex
Collaborator

I'm confused then, because according to that white paper I meet the minimum requirements for the program to run on this machine.

These are the same requirements for Inventor Professional which works without issue on this machine as well

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/Product_Design_Suite_System_Requirements_Letter.pdf

Message 11 of 18
coulishunter

Hello. I am experiencing a similar error. However, I am runining on Windows 7 within Oracle VM Virtual Box.

The graphics card is listed as a generic virtual device (as shown in the attached output from AdskDiagOutput).

However, the underlying system uses an AMD Radeon HD 6750 512 MB graphics card capable of 1680x1050.

I've made sure to install DirectX9, but it does not help.  

Can anyone shed light on if running inventor in this environment is possible and if so...how?

Thank you.

Message 12 of 18
DarrenP
in reply to: coulishunter

no its not possible

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 13 of 18
coulishunter

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Message 14 of 18
DarrenP

inventor needs a graphics card in order to run properly

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 15 of 18
pcrawley

Interesting replies.  Has anyone else actually tried it?

I have Windows 7, Inventor 2012, vbox with guset add-on v10.0.2.  Enable 3d graphics in the vbox settings and it all works.  I wouldn't use mine for production as I only have a 512MB graphics card - so I can only allocate 128MB maximum for graphics in vbox - but at least it works.  (I don't know if the maximum memory vbox uses is depentant on the available ram on the card, but I suspect it is.)

Peter

Peter
Message 16 of 18
DarrenP

virtual box has its own graphics card built in

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 17 of 18
pcrawley

Huh?!  vbox does not come with graphics card built in.  Not unless they have recently invented downloadable hardware and forgot to tell me?  vbox creates a virtual graphics adapter that is capable of Direct 3d emulation through software.  It'll never be as good as dedicated hardware.  Treat vbox as a testing ground - nothing else.

Peter
Message 18 of 18
coulishunter

Thank you. This info on the virtual graphics car is very useful. As you say, I'm using the Vbox environment as a test bed. I'm using a different system for full production. I'll check on the 3D graphic option and allocated graphics memory. Thank you again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report